Community
Hunting Gear Looking for a new treestand or a good set of binoculars? You've come to the right place.

exoČ Heated Clothing

Old 11-19-2009, 10:48 AM
Spike

Default exoČ Heated Clothing

I just wanted to introduce myself. I work with exoČ The Heat Inside and we make heated clothing for outdoor enthusiasts. We have heated jackets, vests, insoles, gloves and a whole lot more. We have been keeping hunters and fisherman warm for many years!

Our unique technology uses a conductive fabric that distributes heat evenly over the desired area and is more durable than traditional wire based technologies.

I am happy to answers any questions about our products, technology or the heated clothing industry. Please let me know if I can be of assistance.

Thanks,
Davis
Old 11-19-2009, 08:21 PM
Fork Horn

If you wanna hook someone up with an item and so they can review the product on here, let me know. Id love to ty out something like this but I just dont have the money to buy them. I think another company who sells the heated clothing did this on the forum before. The products sound amazing but I dont know if heated gloves would be worth $130.00.

My main question is do the batteries tend to die after a while like say cell phone batteries. Do they tend to not hold a charge after a while?
Old 11-20-2009, 11:52 AM
Spike

Great idea on the product sample and thanks for your willingness to let us do that. I will see if I can get that set up on our end. In the mean time I will post some links to some recent independent reviews that might give members more information.

As far as the batteries, you are correct that most all of them will lose capacity over time. However, we use Lithium-ion batteries which are currently the technology of choice for power and durability. They are much less likely to suffer from the "memory effect" that the older ni-cad batteries were known for. Our batteries are rated for 500 charges which will warm you on a lot of chilly mornings. And the replacements are available through our site or local dealers for $60. When fully charged they last for about 3 hours so we have many customers that buy a spare for extended time outside.

Thanks for your comments please let me know if I can be of assistance.

Davis
Old 11-20-2009, 04:18 PM
Fork Horn

i agree. i would love to test some of these items jack esp. i am planning a hunt ot canada soon. and this would be an ideal piece of equitpment to have. but the price tag is pretty steep without any experience with the product
Old 11-21-2009, 01:48 AM
Typical Buck

my thoughts too quite a chunk of change but if they work it may be worth it
Old 11-23-2009, 11:02 AM
Spike

Guys,

I completely understand where you are coming from as I am the same way when it comes to purchasing decisions. As I mentioned before, it's our technology that makes our gear different. Older style gear with wire-based heat (a traditional resistance type wire runs through the clothing) is very susceptible to damage. Since exoČ fabrics produce heat, this really isn't an issue. Stuff our jacket or vest in your gear bag, under the boat seats...treat it as a normal piece of outerwear. Our jackets/vests are made with windproof, waterproof and breathable AirXtream™ fabric so you are getting a great all-around garment with the added comfort for extra heat when you need it.

Here are a couple of recent independent reviews of our products. We have been informed that several more are coming. Our products are very popular with motorcycle enthusiasts for those wintertime rides so a lot of times the reviews are from that angle.

Product review: exo2 heated motorcycle gear

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-14097-Colorado-Motorcycle-Travel-Examiner~y2009m11d3-Review-Heated-electric-riding-gear-from-exo2

I am happy to answer any questions!

Thanks,
Davis
Old 11-25-2009, 11:31 AM
Spike

I want to wish everyone a happy and safe Thanksgiving!

Davis
Old 11-26-2009, 08:26 PM
Fork Horn

Based ont he reviews it seems you have a very good product. The battery thing still kind of worries me even though your explanation does make sense. I tend to be weary of things like this just because for the money of the clothing, i couldnt see "maintaining" the clothing like a car by having to pay for new batteries every so often. I truly wish i had the money to uy these and write up a review but i just cant especially since its that time of year, i would rather buy stuff for the family then myself. I think the jacket paired with the insoles would be an unbelievable pair. Hopefully as time goes on and your company grows/industry and economy allow for it, the price will begin to drop into my price range.
Old 12-01-2009, 01:11 PM
Spike

Thanks for the comments and I certainly appreciate your position. With Christmas comes plenty of spending and its especially hard to justify spending it on ourselves.

I think that you will find that the batteries aren't an issue once you use the products. The jacket, vest, or bodywarmer in combination with the heated insoles do make a great combination on those cold mornings.

Davis

Last edited by exo2heat; 12-01-2009 at 01:20 PM.