Community
Hunting Gear Looking for a new treestand or a good set of binoculars? You've come to the right place.

Quietest Stand??

Old 03-16-2008, 11:05 AM
Typical Buck

Default Quietest Stand??

I am looking into getting 2-3 new stands for this upcoming season.

I currently have a Gorilla King Kong Lounger and like it alot, but on cold days it seems to pop and creek a little when I stand up or anything like that.

I was thinkin of looking into Lone Wolf or something similar, prices are high, that is what has kept me back so far. Thanks for any input guys/gals.
Old 03-20-2008, 01:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Quietest Stand??

I would recommend that you look at the gametamer's, I have two of their older stands and would nottrade them for anything. They are comfortable enough to stay in all day and I have one that is 35' from the ground and I feel safe enough that I have dozed off a couple times. The new ones have a different seat on them that mine but I would be willing to bet they are just as comforable. Mine have the octagon style floor and they are the larger one's, they are expensive I believe in the 250 range, but worth every penny. If you buy one, you won't regret it. Also they adjust so you can put it on a leaning tree which is a nice feature, to say the least. These stands have never made a noise and they have both been in the same tree for over 3 years, last year I had to re-adjust the chain around the tree.

www.gametamers.com

Good luck
Old 03-20-2008, 02:42 PM
Spike

Default RE: Quietest Stand??

If you are looking at climbing stands, I have a Summit Viper X5 (newest version is the Viper SS) that I really like. I've been out in 40 degree to 2 degree weather and have been pleased with how quiet it is.