Community
Hunting Gear Looking for a new treestand or a good set of binoculars? You've come to the right place.

Cheap/easy ladder stand?

Old 12-16-2007, 11:12 AM

Default Cheap/easy ladder stand?

I just sold my climber before season and would like to get a ladder stand. I dont want to spend much as i will be leaving it out on public land till seasons end. Main concern is its ease of portability and setup. I dont want to be in the woods for an hour throwing this thing together before i can even climb up into it. A plus but not a must would be a tandem setup as i have introduced my brother to hunting this year and he's hooked plus i could let him drag it in lol...Mike, hope your not reading this[&:]I was at Dicks Sporting Goods other day and they had a single ladder on sale for 49.99.... dont remember the brand though. Any suggestions?
Old 12-20-2007, 11:55 AM

Default RE: Cheap/easy ladder stand?

I bought a ladder stand from Gander Mountain last year for $69. Easy to set up and fairly light. I would recommend chaining your stand to the tree you pick out. Unfortunately stands do tend to walk away at times.