Community
Hunting Gear Looking for a new treestand or a good set of binoculars? You've come to the right place.

Nightvision riflescopes

Old 01-20-2006, 05:03 AM

Default Nightvision riflescopes

Hi all,
Im thinking of buying a nightvision riflescope, and wondering if any of you can give mesome tips on what I should choose and where I can order it? I have tryed one once and I wasn´t so impressedof it. I think it was a gen1 scope. I do believe thatI need a gen2+, but they are very expencive here in Sweden, where I live. I have tryed to order from US, but Im getting anwers thatthey arent allowed to export them outside US?Does anyone know if there should be a problem if a friend in US buys one and send it to me?

Regards,
Fredrik, the Swede
Old 01-20-2006, 07:56 PM
H2K

Default RE: Nightvision riflescopes

Fredrik,
The penalty for illegally exporting nightvision equipmentout of the US without the proper permitis very severe. Export of certain night vision equipment is strictly prohibited without a valid export license issued by the U.S. Department of State Office of Defense Trade Controls, in accordance with International Traffic in Arms (ITAR), Title 22, Code of Federal Regulations Part 120-130.

If you want clarification, please contact https://www.pmdtc.org/contactus.htm

It would be a grave mistake to have your friend do this favor for you, and I would advise against it.

Having said that, my recommendation would be the Yukon Optics Gen 1 NVRS Tactical 2.5x50. It is the best Gen 1 for under a $1000. here in the U.S. It can be purchased throughout Europe and even in Sweden from what I gather. They have other top of the line models but the prices increase drastically.

Here is a link to their website...http://main.yukonopticsglobal.com/overview.php?pid=16

Usehttp://www.google.se/and search for NVRS 2.5 and you will find several vendors.

Good luck on your venture and welcome to hunting.net
Old 01-27-2006, 11:59 AM

Default RE: Nightvision riflescopes

Hello Fredric,
I work for Binoculars.com, we are the largest supplier of sport optics online.
We ship[ night vision world wide all the time, you can contact me by email at [email protected]I am looking forward to helping you out on this!!

Nick Bogdan
Pro Hunting Team/ Sales Associate
Optics4hunting.com
Binoculars.com
(800) 246-6285
[email protected]