Community
Hunting Gear Looking for a new treestand or a good set of binoculars? You've come to the right place.

deer stand for trees that lean in

Old 11-20-2005, 07:38 PM

Default deer stand for trees that lean in

Well I found out a few weeks ago that the tree stand I was using I could not longer use because the tree started to lean in at where I shoot and I could not get set to fold our right so I had to swap out to a backup stand thathas the seat is up against the tree and not the foot rest area.

Well I do not know why this is but all the trees in my area that I hunt in are leaning inward so I have to be a little croched over in my stand. I do not have a strait tree in the bunch. I guess it must be the wetlands with the soft soil. So I am wondering does anyone know if any good stands that could help me out for next season so I am a little more comfortable next season. I thought I would ask now since so many stands are on sale right now. Right now all of my stands are kind of old so I could use a upgrade with all the safty features.

Thanks for any help because this is something I can not in the store if the stand is goingto work or not for this type of tree.
Old 11-26-2005, 07:21 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: deer stand for trees that lean in

maybe hang the stand on the other side of the tree. that way it would be leaning away.
Old 11-26-2005, 08:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

I always look for a leaning tree, it acts as a comfortable back rest.

The trees are not leaning, there growing towards the most sunlight.
Old 11-26-2005, 06:29 PM

ORIGINAL: RandallT

maybe hang the stand on the other side of the tree. that way it would be leaning away.
If I do that I am facing the wrong way and away from the trails and into my back yard.
Old 11-27-2005, 08:20 AM
Fork Horn

I would rather have a deer come behind me. I can get away with more movement and have never had a problem shooting around the tree I am in. However if that doesn't work for you then I would suggest a ladder stand. They are definitely not as portable but if it is in your backyard it doesn't sound like that is an issue. I havea couple and they are very comfortable and easy to get in.

Good Luck.