Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Climbing Stands ?

Old 05-10-2005, 10:20 AM
Fork Horn

Default Climbing Stands ?

Looking for any advice on which sit down stand up climber to buy. I need one for Bowhunting public ground here in Missouri. I had to give up my hang on and steps do to old age and injuries. Thanks
Old 05-10-2005, 10:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Climbing Stands ?

Summit Viper, Goliath, Viper Classic, etc... Depends on how much you want to spend, how much you weigh, and how much (and how far) you want to tote.
Old 05-10-2005, 12:25 PM
Typical Buck

buckshot makes some good stands. been using their big shot for years now.
Old 05-10-2005, 12:44 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: GRIZZLYMAN

Summit Viper, Goliath, Viper Classic, etc... Depends on how much you want to spend, how much you weigh, and how much (and how far) you want to tote.
x2
Old 05-10-2005, 07:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

i have a summit viper X4 which i like very much. it's light and easy to use. i've also used the API Grand Slam Star or something like that. it's also pretty nice. but the X4 is lighter and i think it's easier to climb with. what kind of hunting will you be doing? how far are yoiu going to have to carry it?
Old 05-10-2005, 07:44 PM
Fork Horn

I'll be hunting stands of White Oaks along the ridge tops. Most of the ridges have fire roads cutting across them so I won't be hauling the climber too far, 1/4 mi. tops. There's a good mix of hardwoods with some very good trees for climbers. Viper is one of the climbers i've been looking at, along with the API. Thanks for the advice.
Old 05-11-2005, 10:00 AM

I'm partial to the old model Treelounge, myself! But then again I'm into sweating, and do a lot of it every fall when I lug the thing to the top of the mtn.! But it is the most comfortable stand that I've ever owned, and I've owned more than a couple. And I feel safe climbing WAAAYYYY up there.
Old 05-11-2005, 04:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

tree lounge gets my vote too! get the wheels and you wont have to carry anything on your back. you will also have a deer cart for the haul back out.
Old 05-12-2005, 07:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

Summit! I have a Goliath because I wanted something a bit roomier for a bigger guy. I have used the Viper as well. Summit makes great stands. You can't go wrong.

My buddy has an API and loves that too.

But, you still can't go wrong w/ the old Cougar Claw!
Old 05-12-2005, 10:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

The Summit Viper X4 is the nicest, lightest, but yet most strongest, climbing stand that I have seen. I bought a Viper at the beginning of last season and love it!! And it holds my 6' 210# big butt up in a tree without any problem!

Butch A.

Quick Reply: Climbing Stands ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.