Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Climbing Stands ?

Old 05-12-2005, 01:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Climbing Stands ?

like i said earlier and what butch was saying go with the Viper. i got one near the end of last season but didn't get to hunt with it. i have carried it a good bit and climbed with it. i'm 6' and it's plenty roomy. it's a great stand for not to much money.
Old 05-12-2005, 02:05 PM
Fork Horn

I've got the Summit Bullet Backpacker & love it. Light, Comfortable, Strong & Quite. Great Product!
Old 05-12-2005, 06:29 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks to all of you that offered advice. I think i've settled on the Summit Viper. Bass Pro has them for 239.00 in their catalog. With any luck i'll catch them on sale this summer. I'd like to add a doghouse blind if the money is there. Again thanks
Old 05-12-2005, 08:50 PM

Don't overlook the bowhunter extreme by API...lightweight, and very comfortable
Old 05-13-2005, 06:00 AM
Boone & Crockett

Good choice on the Viper. Summit makes some excellent stands. I have had the opportunity to use several of them and cannot say enough about how comfortable and reliable they are. I am so glad I finally gave in and gave one a try.
Old 05-15-2005, 12:57 AM
Typical Buck

Summit Viper. Summit makes the best stands you can buy for ANY price.

I wouldn't trade mys Summit for any number of any other stand on the market but I've got two Loggy's and a couple cheap lock ons I'd trade 'em all for any one aluminum Summit stand ever made.
Old 05-16-2005, 08:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

API bowhunter.
Old 05-16-2005, 06:24 PM
Fork Horn

I think what's really good here is that I haven't heard anything bad about the Summit or the API. So I think that it just comes down to personal preference. I don't think that I could go wrong with either one on them. Thanks again for your help.
Old 05-16-2005, 07:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

You will love the Viper....it is very hard to beat, IMO.
Old 05-28-2005, 09:37 PM
Spike

Every bow hunter deserves to try climbing a tree with a Buckshot Equalizer. It sets up and takes down quickly and both platforms are adjustable while climbing. You probably wont appreciate how important that is until you have used it a few times. Trees that you used to want to climb but couldn't because of an odd shape are a snap to get up. The Equalizer is the most stable stand that I have ever used and provides an excellent shooting platform (especially for a bow hunter). Yes, they cost a few bucks more than a summit but well worth it.

Quick Reply: Climbing Stands ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.