Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

New tires for the atv?

Old 05-17-2005, 07:44 PM

Default RE: New tires for the atv?

I would take a mud bug over any tire yall have listed so far. Mud lites are well lite, punture easy, and wear easy. The have little traction for mudding. Let me clarify when I say mudding I mean MUDDing. Mud over the seat and such, I did not think that mud lites were very smooth ethier. I really like the new outlaw msts. The look like a swamp witch but stomp the competition due to a few minor but major changes! I have done alot of riding with tires and this is just my opinion so carry on.
Old 05-18-2005, 08:56 PM
Fork Horn

I have Mud Bugs on my Kodiak and really like them, very tough tire that works great in mud and snow with
a good ride on hardpack.
Old 05-18-2005, 11:46 PM
Typical Buck

I've still not made up my mind. I've narrowed it down to two, but was wondering who makes the mudbugs and can you give me a website where I can see them? thanks
Old 05-19-2005, 12:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks mrwake for adding further comments much appreciated!

T/C, maxxis makes the mudbugs tires.

Here is a link to there site for you:
Mudbugs

FYI here is a link to Highlifter Outlaw MTS as well.
Outlaw MTS ATV Tires

FYI link to SJ suggestion of GBC Tires. You may want to consider the Dirt Devil XT's they have also got good reviews for all around tire from my research, haven't seen them in person though!

[link]http://www.gbctires.com/[/link]
Best of luck
Old 05-19-2005, 06:16 AM
Foz

Dunno about their ATV tires, but I use these guys SuperSwamper LTB's on my truck and they are outstanding offroad tires.

You might want to give their ATV stuff a look.

http://www.intercotire.com/html/tsl___atv.htm
Old 05-19-2005, 07:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

In case you haven't noticed the gators are virtually identical copies of the mudbugs but are usually priced lower.
Old 05-19-2005, 08:57 PM
Fork Horn

You are right stubble, the Gators have an almost identical tread pattern to the Mud Bugs.
The only advantage with the Bugs is that you can get them in a 25" and still have the deep lug.
With Gators if you get a 25" tire, the lug is smaller.
If a person was going to buy a 26" or bigger tire, definately go with the Gators and save some $$.
Old 05-20-2005, 12:48 AM
Typical Buck

Man, I started out with two in mind, but things are a changing.lol For the record, I'm not into MUDDING as mrwake put it, just would like a tire thats a good all-around tread that will hold up. So far, the Kenda Bear Claws are at the top. But, still am open for more suggestions. keep 'em coming.
Old 05-20-2005, 01:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

Man, I started out with two in mind, but things are a changing
Ain't that the truth.

I saw a set today of XT's(26" or larger) they are worth considering, the lugs are stiffer(compound) than the mud lites, so should provide better wear on hard pack while providing the same deep lug. AT's (25" or under) would be similar tread depth as the BC's, haven't seen them.

Good Luck!!

Edit: That would be the GBC Dirt Devil XT's I saw, sorry[&:]
Old 05-20-2005, 07:59 AM

Thanks for starting this thread - I need some tires and there is a lot of good info here.

Quick Reply: New tires for the atv?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.