Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Honda vs. Yamaha

Old 04-21-2005, 09:05 AM

Default Honda vs. Yamaha

First let me say that I know this is probably going to stir up a hornet nest, but..... In the next month or so, I am going to purchase a new four wheeler. The two options I am considering are a Honda Rancher 4X4 or a Yamaha Big Bear 4X4. Both are priced similarly and with the current promotions both are running are pretty affordable. I have never owned a four wheeler before, so your input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 04-21-2005, 05:09 PM

Default RE: Honda vs. Yamaha

i would say buy the one that offers the best deal. they are both very well built machines. we run suzuki now just because that was the best deal at the time i was buying. no problems at all with it and it has 4000 miles now. but i still have a honda and have owned yamahas. with no major problems. only machine i reqret buying was a polaris. to much up keep. hate to say it but the machines from japan win hands down.
Old 04-21-2005, 07:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

Both of the quads that you mention are very reliable quads.I do prefer honda but you can't go wrong with either of your choices.
Old 04-22-2005, 06:06 AM

I'll go along with everyone else. I bought a Yamaha because it offered me more of what I wanted than the Honda did. Both are great machines. It came down to the little things for me including the salesperson. So, either way, you'll be fine.
Old 04-22-2005, 06:57 AM

Thanks for the advice guys. The Yamaha deal is $39 for 2 years and the Honda deal is $69 for 2 years. Either way, I should be able to pick up enough money doing tax returns over the next two years to pay it off during that period. Thanks again.
Old 04-22-2005, 07:48 AM

Two of my buddies bought Honda Ranchers at the exact same time I bought my Yamaha Kodiak. They have had no problems and neither have I. We put about 100 miles per week on all of the machines. I think either way you go, you'll be happy. Just pick the one YOU like best, don't let anyone choose for you!
Old 04-23-2005, 08:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

I believe the Yamaha offers a winch or plow for an additional $69. I don't know if Honda has a similar offering. But some dealers of Yamaha may not be eligible for this deal (especially if they are selling multiple brand names-to qualify the dealerships have to meet a certain minimum sales amount).

I got the Realtree Hardwoods Bruin 4X4 with the plow deal and made alot of money plowing this past winter which all went towards payoff.

Haven't had any problem at all with it.

Uncle Matt (in IL)
Old 04-23-2005, 08:51 AM
Fork Horn

Buy a good quarter horse.
Old 04-23-2005, 12:33 PM
Typical Buck

We don't own a Honda but I can tell you that our 1988 Big Bear 350 4x4 is a tank. We have put that bike through **** and back and it still runs great, however it is looking a little ruff. We have used that bike for hauling deer, dirt, trees, tools, and ran it up and down the trails. It is an extreamly ruggid machine. We have also had two other Yamaha quads and two Yamaha snowmobiles and they have all been very good machines.

Not a single one of our Yamahas have had a single major problem and have had very few minor problems which is a lot more than I can say for our polaris snowmobile.

Good luck and enjoy your new quad.
Old 04-24-2005, 04:00 PM

Nice poem spike!

Quick Reply: Honda vs. Yamaha

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.