Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Camo clothing

Old 04-03-2005, 08:43 AM

Default Camo clothing

Hi guys,

I just recently purchased some camo to use for deer hunting season. It's made by RedHead and the jacket is called Stormtex and the pants are Squaltex. They are both waterproof and breathable, they just arent thick, but I figured that I'd rather layer and be waterproof than just have a single thick jacket and risk being wet, which in turn would make me cold. This will be my first deer hunting season (i'm 14), and I was just wondering if the camo I bought is ok! Its all waterproof and breathable, but it doesnt have the Silent-Hide sticker on it, although it does say ultra-quiet fabric on the tag. When I put it on and walk around, you can hear a bit of noise. Should I keep this or get a non-waterproof thick jacket that's Silent-Hide? Any tips are greatly appreciated!!!
Old 04-03-2005, 09:05 AM

Default RE: Camo clothing

I'd try it out this season - you'll know soon enough if it's ok or not.
Old 04-04-2005, 02:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Put the jacket and pants in the freezer for a few hrs .
Then put it on ( cold !) or just skake it ,to see how much noise it makes.
I have a non waterproof heavy coat and Bibs for cold dry hunting.
Every waterproof jacket I have tryed ( I returned all but 1 after this test ) has been LOUD in the cold.

Johnch
Old 04-04-2005, 04:21 PM

I to am looking at buying Squaltex for the upcoming bow season but I know my buddy has it and he wears normal Underarmour and long john under it, He says it is very breathable and doest make you hot like others do, he said it is also water proof and he has gone out hunting in wet weather and still came out nice and dry.