Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

best scope

Old 03-23-2005, 09:41 AM
Spike

Default best scope

i need a scope for my 30-06. what is the best one for under $100
Old 03-23-2005, 10:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: best scope

Take a look at the Bushnell Trophy 3-9 x 40 mm. It’s a pretty decent scope for $99.00 at Cabela's.
Old 03-23-2005, 05:52 PM
Fork Horn

See if you can find a Swift on e-bay. Great optics with a lifetime warranty. Best bang for the buck imo. New ones aren't that expensive either. Larry
Old 03-23-2005, 09:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Howdy deerhonter and welcome to the forums!

I've owned a few scopes that cost less than $100. They have all been replaced with better scopes. I'd have saved money if I'd just shelled out the extra $ up front and got a good one from the get-go. You might could get something used on Ebay at a pretty decent price.
Old 03-30-2005, 01:13 PM
Typical Buck

I have a Bushnell Trophy 3-9X40 mounted on a Knight 50 caliber Bighorn muzzleloader. I bought the scope new for about $100 and they can be had for $84 from Natchez Shooters Supply. I have Leupolds & Bushnell Elite's on my high powered rifles. I was thinking of taking the Trophy off and putting it on a .22 lr but in the 5 years I've had it I have had no problems and no complaints. The scope gathers alot of light and I've taken deer each year during our 1 week muzzleloader season. In the years I've had the scope the only adjustments I've had to make were because I changed bullets and powder charges last year. I had been shooting 120 gr. of loose pyrodex and switched to 150 gr. of the pellets. The scope has remained on zero with no problems. Believe me I have the money to upgrade the scope and other than a hunting buddy poking fun at me for having a cheap scope I can't find a reason to knock this scope.
Old 03-30-2005, 02:01 PM
Fork Horn

I think you are better off spending more on a good scope. Most of the scopes for $100 are junk. They may last 4 or 5 years but if you shoot it much you will have to buy another one. I had a tasco world class plus 3-9-9x44 for 5 seasons on my .270. I loved it.. it was always on.. then this past august I missed a pig at 35 yards.. I went to the range.. and at 50 yards I was getting a 7 inch group. That was $125 waisted in my opinion. I wished I would have bought a good on in the first place. You can get nikon buckmaster for 200 or even a leopold rifleman for 200 at walmart. Both have lifetime waranty.

Im just glad that I learned that my POS tasco went bad before deer season.
Old 03-30-2005, 02:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: North Texan

Howdy deerhonter and welcome to the forums!

I've owned a few scopes that cost less than $100. They have all been replaced with better scopes. I'd have saved money if I'd just shelled out the extra $ up front and got a good one from the get-go. You might could get something used on Ebay at a pretty decent price.
Couldn't of said it better myself
Old 03-30-2005, 02:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with everyone that says shell out the extra money up front, but I have a 3X9 Bushnell Trophy on my 30-06 and it is a better scope than deserved for the money.
Old 03-30-2005, 03:40 PM
Dominant Buck

Deerhonter, Bass Pro $79.99

Old 03-31-2005, 09:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

If that is the BPS Redhead scope I would think twice. I almost bought one a couple of years ago and the BPS sales guy warned me off of them. That's why I bought the Bushnell Trophy.

Quick Reply: best scope

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.