Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Use Cover Scent w/Scent-Lok????

Old 09-12-2002, 06:45 PM
Fork Horn

Default Use Cover Scent w/Scent-Lok????

I had the feeling my new Savannah Scent-Lok suit wasn't working up to its full (advertised) capability, so I checked into it here at HuntingNet.com. Someone suggested that the suit needed to be heated to 400 degrees to be completely activated - and subsequently work properly. That seemed a little extreme to me, so I e-mailed Scent-Lok and inquired. The nice folks at Scent-Lok said no, a home dryer on high for 30-40 minutes was more than sufficient for activating a Scent-Lok suit. Well then, if I've activated it properly, I asked, why can I still smell through it (body odor, etc.). The gentleman asked if I was using a cover scent. I told him that I use the Fresh Earth scent wafers - one pinned to my suit, and one to my back-pack. He told me that the Scent-Lok suit was absorbing the abundance of Fresh Earth scent, and therefore probably not effectively absorbing all of my scent.

Anyone else have an opinion on the matter??

Thanks!
Old 09-17-2002, 09:12 AM

Default RE: Use Cover Scent w/Scent-Lok????

when i got my suit i put it in its own container with some pine bows. two months later i went to check everything and get it ready for the season. when i opened that container there was no smell of pine. the other container without scentlok smelled very strong of pine. those suits will collect any scent around them and by doing that they lose storage space for your scent when you need it. until i figure something better to do i put it in the dryer afer every couple hunts, air it outside for a few hours, put it in its own bag(without any type of cover scent) and only wash it a couple times a year.
Old 09-24-2002, 03:44 PM

Default RE: Use Cover Scent w/Scent-Lok????

I heat mine up about every week to every other, depending on how much I am out. Even still I give a quick spray dwon with scent killer and have been happy with the results. Remember that it only absorbs the inside odors to keep them from getting out, the cloth shell can still pick up and hold odor from your hands, truck seat etc.