Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

flashlight and headlamp which ones won't eat batteries like crazy?

Old 03-27-2005, 06:28 PM

Default RE: flashlight and headlamp which ones won't eat batteries like crazy?

I just purchased the green led streamlight headlamp after receiving three emails from huntingnet.com members telling me how the green light doesn't seem to spook the game and it's very kind to your eyes at night. I also purchased a streamlight 7 LED flashlight. I appreciate all the replies, thanks a lot.
Old 03-28-2005, 01:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

The LED's with a real nicely polished reflectors put out some awesome light and a GREAT LED headlight (especialy for the $10 or so) is the one from Eveready Energizer with 2 white LED's and a single red LED. The red LED is really nice at night when it's really black. It is light and adjustable as to where it can be pointed. Takes (3) AAA batteries which are supposed to give you 50 hours light time which seems like what I get out of ours that we use. Lifetime guarantee, shatter-proof lense. Search Eveready flashlights and check out model HD33A1EN.
I second that notion, Uncle Matt. Also, the cheapie energizer is ultra light, and really comfy. I love that thing, and it was only 1/3 the price of the bulkier ones. Batteries will be easy to replace when they die - AAA batteries are available at any gas station, supermarket, etc. I've logged a lot of time on mine, still no dimming, no failure, and no bad batteries.
Old 03-29-2005, 05:34 PM

Yep, them LED's are incredible for battery life.

One drawback, they dim slowly. Incandescent bulbs keep most of their brightness until the very end, then drop quickly. LED's dim gradually from the first minute. Halfway through the battery life they are getting noticably dimmer and you really notice when someone else with a new light is next to you. That's why I like the combos.