Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Snake Boots

Old 03-16-2005, 12:39 PM

Default Snake Boots

I was struck at by a cottonmouth the other day while hunting turkey in Mississippi. Thought a pair of good snake boots would be a wise investment. I've been saying that since last year but I guess it takes a huge pissed off snake to force you to go ahead and buy 'em. Just wondering if y'all can recommend any. If you got advice on which pairs not to buy, that is appreciated too. I am looking to spend around 100 bucks. Do any of you own the Redhead 16'' Ultra Snake Boot for sale at Bass Pro? I was considering these. They look comfortable, weigh about 3.5 lbs and are fully camo. I have never bought anything from Bass Pro however, I always have used Cabela's. Don't know much about the company or if they make quality stuff. Have you had good experience with BassPro? Appreciate the help fellas.
Old 03-16-2005, 08:19 PM

Default RE: Snake Boots

I tried the RED HEADS, as did 3 of my buddies: they LOVE them, but they tore my left ankle up. so I got me a pair of ROCKY snake boots. I actually wore them ALL season long hunting NW Florida and Southern Alabama. Either brand will do the trick and they are about the same price.
Old 03-18-2005, 09:57 AM
Dominant Buck

BassPRO........Snake boot. No lacing. ON sale $129.99

Old 03-18-2005, 10:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wow I'm surprised they are out this early. I almost stepped on one last October out bowhunting. I was wearing my BPS snakeboots that I've had for 4-5 years. I like them except for some weird reason they do a job on my right big toe nail. I don't have a problem like that with my other boots and I wonder if the sizing was off from boot to boot.