Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Foodsavers

Old 03-30-2005, 09:47 PM

Default RE: Foodsavers

I have an older model Foodsaver that still works great, but I am going to upgrade this year.

I would advise the following:

Get one with a built in bag cutter, especially if you intend to use the long rolls of uncut bagging material. This will make even and straight cuts. I think most of the newer models have this feature.

Get one with the press-and-release feature. This will allow you to speed up the process by freeing your hands for prep work on the next package to be sealed.

For an average home user, I would think that the Foodsaver 900 would be an excellent choice. The more advanced models might not be worth the extra money unless you are going to process a lot of product.

Good luck to us all.