Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Need New Pair Of Hunting Boots?

Old 03-13-2005, 09:20 AM

Default Need New Pair Of Hunting Boots?

Well, my pair of waterproof insulated, Wolverine Sportsman boots I baught at Wal-Mart over 9 years ago, have seen their last days, they are coming apart, So I have narrowed my choices down to two boot, both sold at Cabelas, they are,
Rocky Sport Utility Pro, waterproof with 600 grams of thinsulate $79.95
or
Wolverine 12 Point Sent-Lok Waterproof Boots, with 200 grams of thinsulate 79.95

Wich would be the better boot, I do allot of walking in mountainous, rocky terrain Out West. Thanks
Old 03-13-2005, 06:41 PM

Default RE: Need New Pair Of Hunting Boots?

Danner makes the best boots!
Old 03-13-2005, 08:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Danner makes the best boots!
I much prefer meindl but they are not in the original posters price range.
Old 03-14-2005, 07:11 AM

I would be willing to go a little higher in price (Not over 100.00). The boots i got at Wal-Mart cost me 40.00, they have soft rubber sole, insulated, and waterproof, and very comfortable and light weight. Just looking for a comparable boot.
Old 03-16-2005, 01:32 PM

if you are using the boot in cold temps then I'd say go w/ the one with more insulation. If it's milder temps then go with the one that has the scent-loc material. Both those company's make quality boots.
Old 03-16-2005, 02:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have a pair of Danners that have seen many miles in some harsh conditions, so I can say I am impressed with older version of Danner and at that time they were not cheap(not meaning the new stuff is just I paid and have gotten excellent service). I also have been impressed with my Irish Setter Big Game Boots, they won't meet the years I have been hoofing on the Danners but considering the cost I am happy. I have had them 5 years used through both hunting and winter, showing wear but still have tread, support and no leaks. My warm weather boots are Salmon Gortex Hikers, not cheap but they have been awesome. I bought some Rocky Bearclaw II's a few years back on clearance -I hated them, way to heavy and don't breath for my feet.
Old 03-17-2005, 09:51 AM

I like the 600 grams of thinsulate, I just wish I could try on the boots before I buy them. I looked at the Danners, just a little to much for me.
Old 03-17-2005, 01:20 PM
Typical Buck

my wolverines didn't last a season so I'm not a fan. I purchased a couple different pairs a couple years back from Cabelas. For cold weather I got some Lacrosse (good to -75), they have been great. For fall hunting I bought Cabelas own brand (I think their called deer stalkers) and they have been very good as well. Try them out, as they aren't too pricey, at least not compared to the Danners. I would also reccomend Red Wings as well. JDinAB
Old 03-19-2005, 08:38 AM
Fork Horn

i have a pair of lacrosse alpha burlys sport unsulated boots for early season and a pair of alpha burly sport 1000 grm insulated boots for cold weather. both work really great for me.
Old 03-19-2005, 06:19 PM

i would go back to wal-mart and get same boots like what you had. if they were that cheap and lasted that long i would go back for another pair. save your self the extra money to get other hunting gear/supplies.

Quick Reply: Need New Pair Of Hunting Boots?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.