Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Need New Pair Of Hunting Boots?

Old 03-20-2005, 03:11 AM

Default RE: Need New Pair Of Hunting Boots?

Ike, I would love to, but the boots are no longer made, and Wal-Mart is like 3,000 miles away from me right now.
Old 03-20-2005, 04:29 PM
Fork Horn

I bought a pair of the Alfa Burly insulated last year they are like walking around in house shoes. I only paid $114 for them at Buckheits in so Illinios.
Old 03-20-2005, 05:58 PM
Dominant Buck

No lace Snake Proof, Water Proof.....$129 @ Bass Pro

Old 03-21-2005, 06:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

I recently purchase Red Wing/Irish Setters called Elk Hunters sold by Cabela's. I have never had a pair of boots that were this comfortable. Kangaroo leather with 800 grams of insulation. They form to your feet after the first time your wear them. I have always worn the uninsulated Irish Setters for mild weather, but these are amazing. I have Danner's and like them, but they don't fit me as well as the Irish Setters.
Good Hunting...
Old 03-23-2005, 09:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

La Crosse: Alpha Burlys with 800 gram thinsulate are very lightweight and comfy!
Old 03-24-2005, 11:48 AM

Danners are great boots
Old 03-24-2005, 12:01 PM

i came across a great pair of swampers at dicks (field and streams )1500gram for $79.00, iuse them this year and its the first time my feet didnt get cold, they are very com.and well worth the money, that just my 2 cents
Old 03-24-2005, 12:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

You get what you pay for. I used Rocky boots and some like those in the past, which are in the $100 range or less. A couple years ago I bought a pair of Danners. They were the most expensive boots Cabelas have but well worth the money. If you really hunt hard, then you owe it to yourself to buy the best. There is a different between day and night between a $250 and $100 pair of boots, when it comes to comfort, warmth, waterproof, and durability. Don't see yourself short if you plan and doing some hard hunting. For the occaisionally hunter, a cheap pair would do.

I remember stop and stalking mulies a couple years ago in western Kansas where there is very little terrain. It was sleeting, cold and a big non-typical bed down by a creek damed by beavers. There wasn't any cover to stalk except for the creek. Along with good water-proof pants, I walked in the creek, with water close to my waist, and after 2 hours I got within 25 yards of the buck for a shot. And never did I get water in the boots. Besides that, I put 6-7 miles of walking in one them per day, and they felt so good.
Old 03-24-2005, 01:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Best boots I've had so far have been my Cabela's Outfitter 12" all leather Gore-Tex. I also have a 9" pair of them but I like the taller boot better. Most of the area I hunt is cold and rocky and they have held up rather well in the last 5 years I've had them. Cost is around $150 but they've been very good to me.

Oh, and I would suggest if you want your feet to stay dry and breathe buy Gore-Tex. I've tried about every other "waterproof membrane" and never found any of them that work as well as Gore-Tex when it really counts. Same with my clothes, no other fabric has ever performed as well for me. Since it's generally cold here when it rains (or snows) I REALLY don't want to be wet at all when I hunt.
Old 03-31-2005, 10:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

I bought a pair of Irish Setters Big game tracker 800 grams........they are a great boot...looking to buy a new pair 1000 grams for a back up boot.

Quick Reply: Need New Pair Of Hunting Boots?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.