Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Opinions on Cuddeback Digital Trail Cam

Old 02-21-2005, 12:43 PM
Fork Horn

Default Opinions on Cuddeback Digital Trail Cam

I am thinking about getting a couple of trail cams, and was wondering what people thought of the Cuddeback systems. I have used digital trail cams in the past, but I am looking for a new brand.
Old 02-21-2005, 01:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Opinions on Cuddeback Digital Trail Cam

I've tried 2 different Cuddebacks and thought they were "good" cams, however... I do NOT think they compare to the Leaf River digital units.
Old 02-21-2005, 01:17 PM
Typical Buck

I have one and it works great for me. Before the Cuddeback i was terrorized by a digital Stealth cam, that thing sucked. I had to change the batteries every two or three days
Old 02-21-2005, 05:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have a Cuddeback and simply love it, I've taken almost 4000 pictures since Aug. and just on the 4th set of batteries.
Old 02-22-2005, 07:33 AM
Fork Horn

Cornfed, What makes you think Leaf River is a better Camera.
Old 02-22-2005, 07:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have had the Cuddeback since Sept '03. I have really not had any problems with it. It takes pretty good pics even at night. I do seem to need to replace the batteries every 3-4 weeks but that was when I had the video ON. Now I shut that part off and will see how long I can get on a set.
Old 02-22-2005, 09:04 AM
Fork Horn

I have an EagleEye and have been real pleased with it, but since the Cuddeback is so popular I thought that I would try one out. I'll be experimenting with it over the next few weeks to see how it does. My initial impression is that I was a little disgusted with it. There is not any way of viewing the pictures with the unit right out of the box even though I have two other digital cameras, three computers, a video camera and more TV's that we should. I had to buy a compact flash card and a card reader to look at the pictures. I have not viewed any yet. On the good side it looks like the power up time may be pretty quick.

I'll know more in a few weeks.

John
Old 02-27-2005, 06:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have 2 cuddebacks and love them. So far I had no problems.
Old 02-27-2005, 06:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

There is not any way of viewing the pictures with the unit right out of the box even though I have two other digital cameras
With a compatible Digital camera you should be able to view your pics in the field, stored on your camera or your compact flash card. What works best for me is 2 CF cards I remove one and install another, I have 1-128mb FC that will hold about 600 pictures and 1-32mb that will hold about 150 pics. I tried using just 1 card for awhile and found out that the camera itself would store only 30 to 40 pics and thats was'nt enough sometimes cause some nights I was getting up close to 100 pics.

I really like the theft-stop plus, and password protection that is standard on the Cuddeback, also it brands your name and phone number in the memory of the camera and also puts your name on every picture, that can't be changed without your password. If someone ever steals it they can't use it and if they send it in to the company, they will notify you that they have your camera and want to know if its been stolen.

I can't believe the battery life on mine, I have almost 4000 pictures or more on mine and just on the 4th set of 4 D-cell batteries, It has paid for itself over and over again already.
Old 03-04-2005, 08:53 PM
BFR
Spike

I have a cuddeback and love it. No problems and the batteries last 4 ever. But I would also take a look at the camera that has a built in lcd screen in it. It's the same price.

Quick Reply: Opinions on Cuddeback Digital Trail Cam

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.