Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Weaver scopes ?

Old 02-13-2005, 05:46 PM
Fork Horn

Default Weaver scopes ?

I like the weaver 2x7 for its length and light weight, it's just right for my 88 win and doesn't affect the balance of the rifle.

My wife says I can buy one or a Nikon Pro-staff 3x40 The nikon is a great scope just longer and heavier. Where I deer hunt shots could come at 25 yds or 300 Help me make a decision here. Valentines day is tomorrow !
Old 02-13-2005, 06:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Weaver scopes ?

I have one Weaver which is the V24 6x24x42mm. It appears to be a decent scope for the money.Weaver has a lifetime warranty.On the higher powers the clarity could be better.A 2x7 you're talking about should be a good scope.I've never owned a Nikon. I was going to buy a couple of them until I read Made in the Philppines. I prefer the Leupolds.

Ruger Redhawk
Old 02-17-2005, 05:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have the Weaver Grand Slam. It’s not the scope you mentioned but I have to say that I’m very impressed with this scope. There design is a little different but they work very well. My Grand Slam is allot easier to adjust the power ring then my Leupolds and my Nikon Gold. Weaver scopes are not very popular and I don’t understand why. Weaver scopes are made in the Philippines but so are the Bushnell Trophy and other brands. Good luck...
Old 02-17-2005, 11:44 AM

I also have two Weaver Grand Slams. I concure with Trailer about them. They are very good scopes that don't seem to garner much attention. I don't know why that is. I have posted about them before on this forum and I don't want to rehash what I said before. They were picked as the best of the best in Outdoor Life's gear guide issue for two years in a row. These scope tests used several different criteria and several people judging to come up with a final "score" for each scope tested. Leopold, Swarhovski (sp?), Nikon, etc were all represented in these tests. The Grand Slams sell for much less than all of the top dollar scopes that were tested and still outperformed them. In my hands, I can find no faults with my Grand Slams and I will buy more of them in the future.

Bill the Dog