Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

New Treelounge treestand

Old 02-08-2005, 09:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default New Treelounge treestand

This has been beaten to death in the past and no guarantee it wont be beaten more after I post it. I have had good/bad experiences with these stands. On my latest hunt Alabama I felt a need for a stand where I can sit all day in relative comfort and hunt HIGH(30 ft or more). I have an Ole Man, Buckshot and a Summit for use. I can be comfortable for 4-5 hours in these but no more without getting up and stretching. I know TL was sold to some amateurs a few years ago but The Hices have since bought back the company. Anyone bought one of these stands in the past year or so and how do they really like them? Thanks
Old 02-08-2005, 09:54 AM

Default RE: New Treelounge treestand

I had one, but sold it. It would be great if you had your own property where you could attach it to a tree and just leave it there, and get in to it and climb up when you wanted to hunt. For packing in to the woods when you want to hunt and putting it together everytime, it sucks! This has to be one of the noisiest stands to put together that I have ever owned! And is a real pain to try to attach to a tree before sunrise! I will never own another one, but that's just my opinion. I will stick with a Summit or Ole Man.
Old 02-08-2005, 10:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

Rob1 no it would not be my first choice either for hunting public land or anywhere you had to move it around a lot. It is probably the noisiest stand in that respect.
Old 02-09-2005, 03:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

i have 2 of the tree lounge stands and will probably buy a third. i have an original model and the lite version that is now discontinued .i used the light weight version this year several times in the gun season and bow and in some harsh conditions and never had a problem with it slipping or not gripping due to the "V" section being rounded on that model. i loved the light weight of it and it is now my main portable stand i use. i am 270 pounds and never had issues although some say they had a slip. the original owners bought back the company and decided to sell a new version all together that seems to be a compromise between the original style and the light weight version.i dont have any noise issues while in the tree and hunting. if you set the stand up too fast the metal bars will clang against the tree but what climber wouldnt. while hunting it is a dream to hunt from. if your concerned about carrying the stand into your hunting area just throw the wheels on it. the stand will double as a deer cart which most will want anyway and with the tree lounge its all in one. this stand is the best for me but it will take some time to get used to. i can put this stand together in my sleep and it has been safe and the most comfortable stand i could find and i own many different models.chain on stands are just too uncomfortable for me. i can sleep in my tree lounge. it doesnt get any better than that. if your just a couple day out of the year hunter the tree lounge probably aint for you. if your life revolves around hunting then i just cant see any other stand touching it.
Old 02-11-2005, 12:17 PM
Spike

I've had two models to date. The older square version (extended), and the rounded edge version (extended). I loved both.

I got the last poster by a few pounds, but I still feel safe in the stand, with harness. I do admit that setup can take longer than some of the cable or chain type stands. My cousin, who has an API Grand Slam can unpack, set up, and get into hunting position before I'm even off the ground. I'll also admit that the stand setup, if not careful, can be somewhat noisy, or even complex in the dark.

However, despite all my admissions, I think that the stand is safe, and very comfortable. I like the concept that because of the siderails, you can't fall out when seated. I don't like the bow hunting platform. When I stand on it, I feel like an olympic diver. It really has some spring to it.

Recently I purchased an API Grand Slam Magnum Extreme climbing stand. I wanted a backup, or another stand for the hunting party. I wasn't even the first one to try it, because I didn't want to hunt from another stand. But the stand is more suitable for my size, so in the end I might have to sell the Tree Lounge anyway.

I might take that money to purchase more Guns
Old 03-06-2005, 10:20 AM
Dominant Buck

oldelkhunter,
I've had TWO for about 10 or 12 years.They both have the Bow Hunter Stand on them.
It depends how you install them to be quiet.Follow the Video that comes with it.
I dont use the NEW tree bar that's ADJUSTABLE....they have had a RECALL on them!
I use the old system..... Wedge for the right Angle , EXTENDED foot climber, seat PAD,
and tree limb SAW in hoslter, attached to frame.
It's great for camp also. Pick a tree close to your camp fire and set it up 2ft off ground.
IT will put you to sleep!

The stand is made of TEMPERED AIRCRAFT ALUMIMUM....I went to the plant in
CUMMINGS GA....and met MR. HICE......

I removed seating MATERIAL and brushed on 50/50 water and Muradic ACID to
ETCHE the frame and rinseing it with water real good......let dry.
The frame will have turned GREY from the ETCHING......
Bought camo spray KIT and used lightest color for FIRST COAT on frame.
When dried, start your CAMO pattern alittle at a time. When finnished
re-install seating material.It all took about 4 hours.
Over ten years and it's still on!

Always ware SAFETY HARNESS!!!......I know it's a pain in the BUTT!!
Dont EVER loan your Stand, unless you are sure they understand how
to use it.

For those of you who are wondering about thier Adjustable tree bar for the
older model.......Don't. I ordered one and a month later they had a RE-CALL WARNING!!!
Went back to using the old TREE BAR with wedge!
Old 03-06-2005, 11:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yes these Treelounges topics have been beaten to death.I've had a original Treelounge since 93. Great stand.When the Hice's sold out Rhett Spivia thought he could improve the TL.I had that first lighter model slip 4' bending it up when recatching the tree.TL did replace it with another new stand. This one was a slipper too!Last year the Hice's rebought TL back.Since then he's discontinued the semi rounded model ,going back to the squared model again.Users of the new version with the semi rounded extrusions,can say what they want.They don't hold a tree worth a darn.OEH and I have both experienced these trills of sliding down the tree.After a couple years of going back and forth with Treelounge ,I finally contacted the TMA. Treelounge replaced a second stand. The replacement this time is back to the squared material.I assume the replacement will be like the originals were.They were and are a great stand.I got my replacement around mid year of 04.To this day it's never been on a tree.I was soured by Treelounge and it will take along time for my confidence in them to return.If it ever does remains to be seen.Other TL users have contacted me about contacting TMA concerning these issues.What ever happened with their concerns I don't know.I haven't heard back from any accept one. They weren't real helpful last I heard with his TL issues.

Ruger Redhawk
Old 03-06-2005, 12:21 PM

I've had my Tree Lounge for about 8 years, and its been great! there isn't anything to complain about except the weight. it is a little on the heavy side. its never slipped once and its never made a sound after in the tree, which is more important in my opinion than a perfectly quiet setup. but even the setup can be very quiet if you practice it a few times.

I love my Tree Lounge!!
Old 03-06-2005, 04:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: long_round_tip

I've had my Tree Lounge for about 8 years, and its been great!
Being yours is 8 years old you have one of the original models.They are and were a great stand.The TL in question was the new models they came out with probably 4 or 5 years ago. They were indeed lighter with that semi rounded extrusions. These are the one's OEH and I have almost got killed on.Until you experience a 4' drop with a sudden stop you don't know what you're missing.After that I never trusted the new models.The squared models I trust completely.Treelounge knew there were problems. They always blamed user error.I never so much as had the slightest slip with my old model.The new version wanted to slip accending and decending constantly. I used it on planted pines the same trees my old model has always been on.Treelounge in myy opinion would be ahead of the game offering owners of a new model with the semi rounded extrusion a free replacement.If not it will bite them sooner or later when they are hit with lawsuits.

Ruger Redhawk
Old 03-07-2005, 01:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Rebel Hog..do they ship the New Tl's with the hardwood wedge? I was under the impression they didn't do that anymore.

Quick Reply: New Treelounge treestand

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.