Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

New Treelounge treestand

Old 03-07-2005, 02:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New Treelounge treestand

OEH, The replacement I got was the newly revised model by Bob Hice.It's back to the Sq material. To answer your question. No there was no wedge included.They did away with the Levelers but have another attachment to adjust the angle of the stand.If I remember right you can slip 1" or 2" between the tree and the back bar.. There is only the two slide pieces.Like I mentioned I received the new revised model middle of last year. It's very similar to the originals.It has a few of the light weight models features. The Climbing pin and the small knobs to lock the foot section in place.They are powder coated Green.Other then that the are basically like the ones we remember from 10 or so years ago,By the way all the new TMA approved stands come with a Full 4 point body harness.I do think you'll do alright as long as you get the newest of the new models. Another thing I noticed. Unless it's my imagination the carry straps are much cheaper material.

Ruger Redhawk
Old 03-08-2005, 02:03 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: oldelkhunter

Rebel Hog..do they ship the New Tl's with the hardwood wedge? I was under the impression they didn't do that anymore.

Oldelk, I haven't checked on that, since I bought the new adj. tree bar and a
month later they issued me a don't use WARNING and will not make it good,
I don't want anything to do with the new company.I hope Bob Hice will get it
straight again.!
I have all the extras you can buy for it even the wheels.
Old 03-08-2005, 02:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

RH Sounds like the new level bar has problems too?Did they say what the problem was?I know I never trusted the Levelers.I sold them taking a beating on them.Those were discontinued when BH took it back over.It will take Bob Hice a little time to get TL back where it was.Rhett Spivia really messed that company up.Now if we could stop having Margret in the TL Videos we'd have it made.

Ruger Redhawk
Old 03-08-2005, 02:31 PM
Dominant Buck

RR....they never said! I still have them,but don't want to sell it to some else.
I'll keep them to show at the club,so everyone can see them.
Beware Guys! Beware.

Yeh!.....Margret in Moonshine Island....
Old 03-08-2005, 04:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

RH I'm confused here. Are you talking about the Levelers or that new gizmo that spacer pieces slide to the middle of the back bar?If you're talking about the Levelers there was a recall on them.The bolts were trying to or pulling through the thin aluminum.Before I sold the two I had they were revised by TL.I can't believe they will NOT do anything about it. Contact TMA.They got results for me when I couldn't get anywhere with Treelounge.If you want some names and email addresses shoot me a email and I'll forward them to you.

Ruger Redhawk
Old 03-08-2005, 06:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

RR those levelers were a death trap weren't they hopefully Rebel Hog is talking about the old one and not the new ones else I am going to put the Khabosh on buying another new TL.
Old 03-08-2005, 09:46 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Ruger-Redhawk

RH I'm confused here. Are you talking about the Levelers or that new gizmo that spacer pieces slide to the middle of the back bar?If you're talking about the Levelers there was a recall on them.The bolts were trying to or pulling through the thin aluminum.Before I sold the two I had they were revised by TL.I can't believe they will NOT do anything about it. Contact TMA.They got results for me when I couldn't get anywhere with Treelounge.If you want some names and email addresses shoot me a email and I'll forward them to you.

Ruger Redhawk

RR....i'm talking about the new square adjustable for angle back bar. This was about 2yrs ago.
TL tried to eliminate the wedge and came up with new design for the old stand.You screw it in or
out for angle adjustment.This is for the older model. I went back to the old bar and the wedge,
but had a wedge cut and drilled for the cord, from solid rubber.I bought the extended foot climber.
It came with the short one.
On another post in this forum,I explained how I camoed frame and foot climber.

I installed heavy SS washers, SS nuts and replaced the 5/16 bolts with longer SS ones, also
replaced plastic knobs with SS 5/16 winged nuts. Its alot safer now and removed bow section.
I have a small travel trailer level to set at 45* angle. At home sit the level on something with 45*
angle and remember where the bubble is or mark the level. Keep the level in your pocket and
when you are at the spot you want and before you turn around lay the level on the top rail to set
on 45* adjusting the wedge. Turn around and sit.
I usally go up 20ft depending on tree. RR I tie a 25-30ft good green nylon parachute cord while still
on the ground to the middle of frame and run the other end to thru my rifle sling and pack. When
I am in the sitting position I pull up my gear. OOps install safety gear before turning around.
Then I hang the pack on the foot bar. The pillow, pad and limb saw are attched to stand always.
I also have a 5x5 piece of camo tarp in pack.....we live in FL!
RR don't be drilling on frame to attach anything,except the rifle holder, secure it with nylon cord.

Ruger this is the way I do it...... Does't mean it's the way to do it.....It's my way!
Old 03-09-2005, 02:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: oldelkhunter

RR those levelers were a death trap weren't they hopefully Rebel Hog is talking about the old one and not the new ones else I am going to put the Khabosh on buying another new TL.
OEH, Yes the Levelers were a death trap.Like I've said in other posts I think possibly the reason why I took that 4' slip was the Leveler gave way.I sent mine back twice. First time was because the thing wouldn't open evenly.I tried everything. Took the paint off the Leveler and the contact point in the stand. I added washer to rasie it a hair. Still it wouldn't open right. They kept them I guess 6 weeks. I get them back with the same results. Then they went back for the revision. I ended up selling both of them for 55.00.I'm not real impressed with TL telling Rebel Hog that won't do anything about it.For that amonst other reasons I wouldn't buy another Treelounge.I respect your decision putting the Khabosh on buying a new Treelounge.I'm sure there are other companies who stand behind their products.I know I went around and around with TL for a couple years.I guess I won with the TMA's help.As you and I know TL's customer service leaves allot to be desired.

Ruger Redhawk
Old 03-09-2005, 03:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yep were talking about the Levelers. They were the ones where you screwed it in and out for adjustment.They had a recall to revise them. It was odered by the US Product SafetyCommision.Something like that.I'm sure they are required by law to correct these.I never used the wedge with my original TL.Then I bought the Levelers.That was a waste of good money.I would like to hear how the new level bars works.We basically do the same thing.
I have some Camo pull up rope. I cut it to 25's feet. When I get to 25'and the slack is gone I usually stop climbing.Where I hunt if I go much higher the view starts getting blocked by limbs.I changed my bolts also. I got some heat treated rod, put lock nuts on the end they spot welded the nut making sure they can't come loose. Treelounge uses the cheapest fastners they can find.Did you notice they would bend after using them for a short time?On my original TL I drilled a hole for a climbing pin like the new models have. It does make it easier climbing. I was hoping TL would come around now that Bob Hice came back. I'm begining to have my doubts.

Ruger Redhawk