Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Up coming Elk hunt I need some back pack advice

Old 02-13-2005, 07:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Up coming Elk hunt I need some back pack advice

Pace Maker, I purchased a Elite Scout Pack from Cabela's and really like it. They have two sizes and they both have a hydration system. You'll appreciate that on a long day of elk hunting that requires alot of walking.
Old 02-19-2005, 06:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: oldelkhunter

1. Badlands pack would be my first choice..on a semiguided hunt you are not packing the camp on your back.
I too vote for Badlands. Lifetime warranty, "Even if run over by your truck. As long as it can be fixed they will fix it. Even if bought from a yard sale, they don't care."

http://www.badlandspacks.com/
Old 03-04-2005, 01:35 PM
Boone & Crockett

I've been on a few western hunts for elk, mulies, etc. I used to carry a backpack but now that I'm older I now use one of Bass Pro's Extreme fanny pack. This pack is plenty big enough for extra socks, rain gear snacks.and a lot more other stuff you wish to pack. It has shoulder straps that take the weight off you hips and has a padded belt which is removable. It also has 4 buddy locks to add any accessory pouches (water bottle, rangefinder case, etc. )
I leave the guide carry the spotting scope.
Everyone has their own opinion, so I guess I'm throwing mine in. Its what works for me.
Old 03-04-2005, 03:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

IMO get a Badlands pack. THey have an unconditional lifetime warranty, no questions asked and they are comfortable as well. They have several models and I have no doubts that therte is one that will fit your needs perfectly. They are based out of Utah and are hunters themselves so I belive they know how to build a very functional hunting pack. Give them a call and I'm sure they can steer you in the right direction.

www.badlandspacks.com
Old 03-04-2005, 08:39 PM

Thanks to every one who has answered my question about which pack to get. I just ordered an Eberlestock Pack. I'll find out shortly if I made the right decision or not.
John