Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Shooting Sticks....Need reccommendation

Old 01-26-2005, 06:23 AM
Fork Horn

Default Shooting Sticks....Need reccommendation

Any comments from the brain trust here regarding shooting sticks...brand, types or reccommendations?? Thanks in advance.
Old 01-26-2005, 07:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Shooting Sticks....Need reccommendation

I've got a Harris bipod on my predator rifle I really like. I don't know if they make shooting sticks or not. I think Stoney Point and Shooter's ridge make them, but I haven't used them so I can't say much about them.
Old 01-26-2005, 07:59 PM

I've been using a set of the Stoney Point sticks. The ones that have tubular aluminum sections that fit together with internal shock cord. I find them useful. They do the job. They go together very easily and quietly. I'm sure they aren't as steady as an attached bi-pod, but I like them because they add flexibility. I mostly got them for my son when he started hunting; he had a hard time seeing over grass/etc. from prone, so the sticks let him shoot more solidly from sitting or kneeling. My .02$
Old 01-26-2005, 09:40 PM
Typical Buck

I've got a set of Stoney Point 'Steady Stix II' w/the belt pouch. They extend to 39", fold up to 14", very lightweight and do a great job of steadying things for the shot.
Old 01-27-2005, 01:27 PM

I use the Criggster stix. What, never heard of them? That's because I made them myself. LOL I took some 30" oak dowel rods 3/8" in diameter sharpened the ends, drilled a hole in each one; the same distance from the top (about 3.5" down), inserted a key bolt, and tightened with a wing nut. They fold together nicely if you don't tighten them too much.

All of the supplies cost about $10.00. Be sure not to drill a large hole in the sticks, as this will cause them to break. Also, use oak instead of softer wood; the first set I made were from popular, and they broke after a year of use. These homemade stix work pretty good; they are just a little akward to carry around.
Old 01-27-2005, 08:18 PM
Fork Horn

I have to agree with the north texan.....harris bi-pods on my rifles. They attach to the rifle....fold down and are light weight
Old 02-11-2005, 11:45 AM

Criggster has the right idea,cept someone here used fiberglass driveway markers and said they flex just enough to be better than dowels.
lizzzard
Old 02-18-2005, 02:44 PM

Right on guys , i made mine out of two old grafite fishing rods i got at a yard sale for $ 1.00 each. They work just fine.
Old 02-18-2005, 05:20 PM
Fork Horn

No body uses Underwood sticks????
Old 02-26-2005, 10:15 PM

Call these folks...
You may have to leave A message, but its worth it.
Bipod shooting sticks: 864-375-9999

I have one of there sticks and they work great.
$25.00 at A outdoor show.

Scott B.

Quick Reply: Shooting Sticks....Need reccommendation

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.