Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Polaris atv's!!!!!!!want one??????

Old 04-18-2005, 09:37 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Polaris atv's!!!!!!!want one??????

I'm happy with your success with Honda. I am sure they are great machines. I can only speak from my own personal experience. I have never owned a Honda so it would not be fair to speak of them positive or negative. I have had right at 10 years service from one Polaris atv and about 3 from another. They have been both exellent machines. I would not hesitate to buy another Polaris. Good Luck, Larry
Old 04-22-2005, 11:36 AM
Spike

Default RE: Polaris atv's!!!!!!!want one??????

WOW!!!!
I've owned a Polaris Sportsman 500 since 1999 and until I started reading all of these posts I didn't know there were so many problems with them.

I've worked my 1999 Polaris like a horse for the past 5 years and it has done everything I've ever asked it to do (within reason). I would say it is a reliable machine. It has lots of pulling power and great traction.

The only problem I've had is that it blows low beam light bulbs! It began doing that 3 years ago. I go through both bulbs each year. (Still have the original High beam.)
I service it once a year (oil/filter/grease/light bulbs) and I changed the brakes last year.

That being said..... Would I buy a new Polaris?

I answered that question for myself last year when I was in the market for a new ATV... (I still kept the old one for my son to use.)

The first place I went to was the Polaris dealer. I test drove a new Sportsman 500 and wasn't impressed. As a matter of fact, I test drove 3 of them and there was something different wrong with each (These were new machines at the dealer)... So I continued to shop.

After also looking at the Honda, Yamaha and Arctic Cat. I bought the Arctic Cat. The #1 reason I took the Arctic Cat was the ground clearance. I've been happy with the Arctic Cat so far.

BTY.... The Honda dealer wouldn't let me test drive the Honda!!! Talk about arrogance.
After arguing with him for a few minutes and telling him that I won't buy one without testing driving one, I walked out on him! I guess he didn't need my business.[:'(]