Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Polaris atv's!!!!!!!want one??????

Old 02-12-2005, 12:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Polaris atv's!!!!!!!want one??????

I bought a 2004 1/2 Ploaris Sporstman 500 H.O. last June, and I find that it's the best ATV that I ever ridden. I rode many times my cousin's Honda, my brother's Yahmaha 660 Grizzly, and a Neighbors Kawasaki Brute 750, and of all of them, the Polaris has the best ride. The rest of them "ALL" feel very top heavy to me, and makes for a not so secure feeling going into any turns at any speed!! That first post is about some past models, and I'm sure that all companies have had some problems with their machines in the past as well. To single out Polaris, is a joke. They have the best AWD 4X4 system going period!! Polaris all the way!!
AMEN
Old 02-12-2005, 12:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

I bought a 2004 1/2 Ploaris Sporstman 500 H.O. last June, and I find that it's the best ATV that I ever ridden
So you have owned this machine for only 7 months.Almost all machines run well when they are new.The breakdowns start occuring after the machine has been used a fair bit especially under rough conditions.We will see if your quad is still trouble free after a few years of usage.There is a reason that trappers,surveyors, forestry people and other people whose living depends on their quad do not choose polaris.
Old 02-12-2005, 01:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

There is a reason that trappers,surveyors, forestry people and other people whose living depends on their quad do not choose polaris.
funny you should say that, the drury brothers depend on polaris. i know a guy who has a 98 sportsman(i think) and we have flipped it, crashed it, sunk it, and everything else u can think of and the only thing ever done to it was he had to replace the battery, and it has over 3000 miles on it. he may be needing new tires soon but i think he has already gotten his money out of it.
Old 02-12-2005, 06:17 PM

funny you should say that, the drury brothers depend on polaris.
Oh come on you have GOT to be smarter than this!

The dreery brothers get them FREE from polaris for the advertisement ,you know exposure, so folks will think just as you have stated!

Now if you didnt know heres how it works ...those folks on your boob tube get stuff FREE from companys so that people will say "oh it works for them it will work for me"

Think about it honda really doesnt market or advertise alot in comparison to polaris WHY????????

They have a record for building a quality product. polaris is always looking for another sucker thats why they are ALWAYS advertising ....they have a bad reputation!
Old 02-12-2005, 06:22 PM

ORIGINAL: maytom

I bought a 2004 1/2 Ploaris Sporstman 500 H.O. last June, and I find that it's the best ATV that I ever ridden. I rode many times my cousin's Honda, my brother's Yahmaha 660 Grizzly, and a Neighbors Kawasaki Brute 750, and of all of them, the Polaris has the best ride. The rest of them "ALL" feel very top heavy to me, and makes for a not so secure feeling going into any turns at any speed!! That first post is about some past models, and I'm sure that all companies have had some problems with their machines in the past as well. To single out Polaris, is a joke. They have the best AWD 4X4 system going period!! Polaris all the way!!
I will agree all companys have had to recall stuff. BUT read the post again polaris denied the problem. and even when they settled they didnt admit fault.

And when i look at buying a vehicle the "ride " is not the only consideration i look at. dependability,quality,engineering, and reputation of the company. now when a company trys to deny that their product has a conformed problem i will stay far away from that companys product!
By the way i am looking at a new off road vehicle i have looked at hondas of course but i am very interested in the yamaha rhino. but hey yamaha has a much better reputation than polaris!

And i have a friend who made the mistake of buying a sportsman 700 it has been in the shop about 12 times in the past three years and he DOESNT ride that much!
On one occasion polaris knew they had a problem with the water pumps BUT they didnt ever recall them!
POOR EXCUSE FOR A COMPANY!!!
Old 02-12-2005, 06:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

And i have a friend who made the mistake of buying a sportsman 700 it has been in the shop about 12 times in the past three years and he DOESNT ride that much!
so i guess my friend just had a lemon that is why his works so good? oh and my 2 neighbors, and my uncle, and another friend along with all the rest of the people i know who all have polaris?
Old 02-12-2005, 06:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Now if you didnt know heres how it works ...those folks on your boob tube get stuff FREE from companys so that people will say "oh it works for them it will work for me"
it worked well for me before and after i saw the movie where they used it. i could careless what anyone else uses. so i guess dirtrider tv gets honda wheelers and bikes for free so they must not be good either.
Old 02-12-2005, 07:28 PM

it worked well for me before and after i saw the movie where they used it. i could careless what anyone else uses.
What movie? And if you care less what someone else uses then why did you say this?
funny you should say that, the drury brothers depend on polaris.
so i guess dirtrider tv gets honda wheelers and bikes for free so they must not be good either.
Sure they give machines to companys that do independent tests on machines ALL do. is it for advertisement? to some extent i would say but more to let folks that read those or watch those shows to make comaparisons.
But the point is that the dreery brothers don't depend on polaris cause they want to .....it's BECAUSE polaris gives them the machines to fool you into thinking just that!

Now as i have said before the one thing polaris is GOOD at is advertisement and thats it!

Here is link to a thread of my most recent polaris complaint i am following.
polaris thread

Hey 870 you keep referring to other people having polaris ......i take it YOU don't own one?
Do you have a atv?
When you get ready to spend that kind of (or at least i do) money you want to get the best your money can buy. i want something that is going to last and not cost twice what the price i paid for it to keep it going over a few year period.

So do you own a POLARIS???????
Old 02-12-2005, 07:32 PM

Yall want to know something yamaha is the best atv company ever so yall just shut up, go buy a yamaha and get it over with. The people who say they get lemons lie because I know millions of people who have them and have no probelm with em! Oh yeah and try to put a honda up against my kodiak ILL KILL IT! Do this to many times.
Old 02-12-2005, 07:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

nope i dont. have ridden every kind out there and when i go out ridin at my uncles and friends and i get on the sportsman and his neighbor comes along with me and i end up pulling him home u think im going to want the kind he was on? no, im going to like the wheeler that got me where i needed to go without problems.

Quick Reply: Polaris atv's!!!!!!!want one??????

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.