Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Polaris atv's!!!!!!!want one??????

Old 02-06-2005, 02:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Polaris atv's!!!!!!!want one??????

Polaris are top heavy. Get a Honda.
Old 02-06-2005, 02:48 PM

I really recomend yamaha over honda, they last just as long but are more suited for pleasure!
Old 02-07-2005, 07:27 PM

the rubicon isn't any better than the polaris..I'd go buy a yamaha grizzily 660 if you want a real machine!!
Old 02-07-2005, 08:00 PM

nothing really suprises me about the polaris. I bought me a new grizzly 600 back in 2001, and of course my anti-japanese father-in-law had to go and buy him the new sportsman 700 cause"ITS AMERICAN MADE". Hes always having problems out of it and hes always asking me if ive had any problems outta mine. When I tell him no,he sours up and gos on.
And of course I keep telling him he should've bought a grizzly
Cant wait to see what problems arise from this new EFI
Old 02-07-2005, 10:04 PM

ORIGINAL: elkcrazedfrk

the rubicon isn't any better than the polaris..I'd go buy a yamaha grizzily 660 if you want a real machine!!
WHEWWWWWW you are WAAAAAY out there!!!!!!!

A rubicon no better than a polaris???? MAN SEEK HELP!!!

now i will say from what i hear the grizzily 660 does sound like a pretty decent machine. but the rubicon part HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
Old 02-10-2005, 11:17 AM

I just bought a Polaris Sportsman 500 this Monday. The reason I went with Polaris is my parents have a Polaris Xpedition 450 and after borrowing it for a couple weeks and using it to drag some deer out and do some yard work I really started to like it.

The one I bought is a 2000 and I paid $3400. I went with a used one because I couldnt understand spending 6-8000 for a new Honda or Polaris. It has 370hrs and around 2000mi on it.
The previous owner is a mechanic and has taken really good care of it and talked me though all the 'preventive maintenance' he's done with all the greese fittings, changing fluids,etc. It was very well taken care of with no rust, broken plastic or anything else out of the ordinary. Hopefully I can pay it off in the next year or so and depending on how much I like it at the end I may trade it in on a new Honda Rincon or maybe a Sportsman 800 efi
Old 02-10-2005, 11:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

3ptbuck,
ull be happy that u have a true 4wheel drive wheeler. have fun it wont let ya down
Old 02-11-2005, 04:52 PM

Polaris doesn't stand behind their product either. My family has an Explorer 400 and after 181 miles, it stopped working. After taking it to the dealer, We were advised that a bolt (I believe it was called a banjo bolt) was not tightened enough IN THE FACTORY. Which in turn did not allow enough oil to the engine, subsequently buring out the motor. Of course it was past the warranty date. After writing letters to Polaris, calling them, etc....they told us to get bent on each occasion.

My dad contacted a local news channel (Fox 6 in Milwaukee-Katrina Cravy...I love her,) who does weekely specials on people who were scammed etc. They took our case, contacted Polaris or Pull-MY-A$$, who all of a sudden had a change of heart and agreed to pay 75% of the costs after they were going to get bad press.

So basically Polaris tried to stick it to the little man....US!!!

After a litany of other problems and the fact they tried to stick it to us, I will NEVER buy another Polaris again.
Old 02-11-2005, 05:48 PM

The local dealer that sells them says he can't afford not to sell Polaris. He can sell them cheap so he sells a bunch and then makes all his money off repairs and service work. It's a win-win for him.
Old 02-12-2005, 12:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I bought a 2004 1/2 Ploaris Sporstman 500 H.O. last June, and I find that it's the best ATV that I ever ridden. I rode many times my cousin's Honda, my brother's Yahmaha 660 Grizzly, and a Neighbors Kawasaki Brute 750, and of all of them, the Polaris has the best ride. The rest of them "ALL" feel very top heavy to me, and makes for a not so secure feeling going into any turns at any speed!! That first post is about some past models, and I'm sure that all companies have had some problems with their machines in the past as well. To single out Polaris, is a joke. They have the best AWD 4X4 system going period!! Polaris all the way!!

Quick Reply: Polaris atv's!!!!!!!want one??????

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.