Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Which Deer Feeders are best ?

Old 01-05-2005, 07:20 PM
Spike

Default Which Deer Feeders are best ?

I currently own 4 Moultree Deer feeders that work by the sensing eye that activates the feeder at first light and again at dusk. Recently with the cold weather here in Texas, 2 of my feeders went tips-up due to an inop circuit board. I plan on going to new feeders that I can activate the throwing of corn anytime that I want, I probably perfer the one's that have pegs within the timer to activate the feeding. What brand may be the best economically and reliable. I don't want to spend a fortune, What should I get??????????
Old 01-08-2005, 04:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Which Deer Feeders are best ?

Topbuck, Wildlife Konnections, makes one that can be programed to feed at about anytime, also you can get the remote that comes extra that will activate feedings from about 100 yards, I think they spell it with a "K".
Old 01-08-2005, 10:09 PM

i HAVE HAD GREAT SUCCESS WITH MY ONTIME FEEDER- CHECK INTO THOSE.......
Old 01-14-2005, 07:28 AM

I use all spincast feeders, easy to program and very reliable. . . .the batteries last almost a year. I set mine to run twice a day for 3 or 4 seconds and run them year round. I have 7 right now and am looking to add 2 or 3 more this off season.
Old 02-04-2005, 04:38 PM

Spin cast out of Texas
Old 02-04-2005, 05:10 PM

Cabelas offers a 225lb. capacity hanging feeder for 90 bucks. And the same model with tripods for 110. These feeders have 6 programmable feed times and are the cheapest largest capacity feeders I've been able to find. I haven't been able to use mine yet, but will let you know how it works as soon as I do.
Old 02-05-2005, 06:37 PM

I build my own . i have used game country timers for several years and they have never failed. i have one that looks pretty rough from being out a long time but it still works like a champ. i did have to give it a little lube recently to quiet down the shaft but it still goes.
i have one moultre that works but i am not a fan of the moultre product. overpriced and poor quality.
Old 02-06-2005, 11:50 AM
Fork Horn

Monarch out of Arlington, Tx is a good one. I have had it about 5 years now. Larry
Old 02-10-2005, 03:43 PM

ORIGINAL: topbuck

I currently own 4 Moultree Deer feeders that work by the sensing eye that activates the feeder at first light and again at dusk. Recently with the cold weather here in Texas, 2 of my feeders went tips-up due to an inop circuit board. I plan on going to new feeders that I can activate the throwing of corn anytime that I want, I probably perfer the one's that have pegs within the timer to activate the feeding. What brand may be the best economically and reliable. I don't want to spend a fortune, What should I get??????????

I don't think the cold in Texas was causing the problems. I have 2 moultree Feeders that I'm sure are very similar and they operate good at -30 below zero.