Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Lone Wolf climbing Treestand

Old 01-21-2005, 07:58 PM

Default RE: Lone Wolf climbing Treestand

Your first mistake was sending the stand back to them, rest assured it was destroyed very quickly, after they examined it.

I have been thinking about buying one of their stands. I have the climbing sticks and if the stands are any bit as good as the sticks they are woth buying. But after your story I have second thoughts. I use a Bear River climber and have 4 River's Edge Ultra Lite bigfoots.
Old 01-22-2005, 08:10 PM
Spike

I would venture to say that you were not wearing a harness. I climbed a tree yesterday that I am preparing for next year. All I wanted to do was get a view to facilitate clearing shooting lanes so I snuck up the tree without my harness. Afterwards I felt guilty about not using my harness. Once you get by without using it I am afraid that it becomes easier. We should all make it a rule to use our harness EVERY TIME. I promise that I will use mine each time I go up a tree from now on.

As a bowhunter, I have found the Buckshot Equalizer to be incomparable. It bites better than any climbing stand that I have ever used (on any kind of tree). It is quicker to set up and quicker to preare for back packing than any stand that I have ever used. Once you are secure in your lofty perch you feel like you are in a permanent stand. My Ol Man is gathering dust in the garage. I can't vouch for Summit stands, they look like a well built climber but you can't adjust the stand on the way up like you can the Equalizer.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Sam
Old 01-24-2005, 12:27 PM

Hope your leg gets ,as good as new. I also have had Lone Wolf climbing stand three years now,Im retired and hunt almost every day in fall never had any bad expearances with stand. Different stroks different fokes.

LeftyPa