Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Proline PBS Crosslock by Buck?

Old 12-09-2004, 09:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Proline PBS Crosslock by Buck?

I was thinking about asking Santa for one of these. Looks like a good knife, but I dont know really. Any of you use it? I figured since Buck makes it, its gotta be a pretty good knife?
Old 12-10-2004, 06:07 AM

Default RE: Proline PBS Crosslock by Buck?

Personally I think that the Buck Crosslock isn't a good set up for the money. The gut hook is nice but the bone saw couldn't cut through warm butter.

The last two deer we gutted the bone saw took for ever to cut through the pelvis. Perhaps we just got a bad blade in ours but I'll look for something else to use next year.

Just my $0.02
Old 12-14-2004, 06:49 PM

Default RE: Proline PBS Crosslock by Buck?

I have one but I only used it twice. I second the opinion that the saw is next to worthless, and by fluke, or by my own fault the lock blade closed on me on the second deer I used it on. I got the buck at twilight, and it was dark by the time I started dressing it. Everything was pretty dark, and I had my head beam on the deer when I picked the knife up off the ground - the handle is pretty symetrical, so in the blood and grime I couldn't tell I had picked it up backwards. I started try to cut (with the dull side of the blade) and when it wasn't cutting I pushed harder. The blade ended up closing and the sharp side closed on the back of my index finger [:@] , requiring 6 stitches, and causing possible nerve damage. I bought an Alpha Hunter Guthook the next day.