Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Trail Cameras?

Old 12-08-2004, 12:39 PM

Default RE: Trail Cameras?

Does anyone have any pics with their Cuddeback's with snow on the ground? My pics are so white you can hardly see anything unless they are real close, flash just must be to good.
Old 12-08-2004, 01:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's what I was saying in some of my posts about the Cuddeback? It seems that the flash "washes out" alot in many of the pics? I actually had to add some color in the Cuddeback pix that I posted because the deer looked nearly "white". The Leaf River seems to capture the "natural" colors much better, IMO.
Old 12-08-2004, 07:22 PM

After reading the imput from everyone I decided to purchase the Leaf River Digi. I just want to thank everyone for their imput, I can't wait to get my camera next week and start seeing what's running around the property. I have a friend who has one and it's almost as much fun looking at the pictures as it is seeing deer while hunting. I think it's great motivation to hunt when you know what kind of deer are running around the property. Thanks for the information!
Old 12-08-2004, 08:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

One little warning Booney, Game Camera's can be habit forming. You will really enjoy your new LR, and you are right, they are a tremendous help in getting to know whats really out there.
Old 12-08-2004, 09:48 PM

IL-Cornfed, Wow a 17" flat screen? You went top of the line there! Looks like your pics are taken while it is still somewhat light out. What program did you use to doctor the pictures?
Old 12-10-2004, 02:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm just saying that I have your pix enlarged to full screen and they are just way to dark to really be clasified as effective scouting pix with any sort of quality, even when ran through different programs??? Seriously, I paid more for this monitor than most folks do for their weapons JUST so I could view trail cam pix with the absolute highest quality possible. To each his own, I guess? You would be very surprised what you would/could learn with good quality images and dates however. Good luck
Old 12-10-2004, 08:48 PM
Fork Horn

Timbercreek, He wasn't trying to rip on you, he was just stating a fact. You pictures are hard to view. What good is a $100.00 camera if the pics look like that??

If you don't want to spend a lot of money build your own. They show you how to do it at Hag's House.com. Maybe you can do something to beef up your flash. Those pictures are way to dark, actually I haven't ever seen pics that bad. As with anything, you get what you pay for. It probably works in the day light.

I use the new Penn's Woods 3.2 digital. I bought 12 of them from Cabela's when they had them marked at $367.00. Awesome pictures and the camera can be used independently of the unit. I have gone through one set of C batteries in each unit since July. I average 5 to 10 pics a night.

Here is a sample of mine from about 15 feet

Old 12-10-2004, 09:57 PM
Fork Horn

Good luck with the new cam booney. They are definitely habit forming. I have both a 35mm and a digital and the digital is without a doubt the way to go. Not evern sure where the 35mm is right now.

I have an Eagleeye and have taken over 1200 pictures with it in 3 months. I haven't been able to check it in a week so that figure should be about 1400 by now. I figured that would have been over $500 in film and processing.

Here is a sample.

John

Old 12-11-2004, 10:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Cybersniper, those Penns Woods models are very impressive! I've seen several on the forums post their pics and they are always great! I wish I would have seen that deal that you got instead of needing to pay $700 for a unit now!!! I would LOVE to have one! Thanks also, for seeing what I was trying to state in my post. The guy didn't want me to just come out and say... "Dude, those pics absolutely suck!!" Like you said, you most certainly get what you pay for and cheap is exactly that.... CHEAP!!!
Old 12-11-2004, 11:47 AM
Fork Horn

I agree, $700.00 is too much for those, but they are worth every penny of the $367.00 I paid.

The next one I'm going to build the guys from Hags house are getting just as good, if not better pics from their "home brew" cameras. Most of them use the same camera as the Penn's a Sony P-32. Camtrackers new digital also uses this camera. The newer home brew are using the Sony P-41, which is 4.1 megapixels.

I forgot to add that those pictures are on the 1.2 megapixel setting. The quality is good enough, I can fit more on the memory card, and 3.2 are too hard to email because of their size.

Cyber

Quick Reply: Trail Cameras?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.