Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Laser RangeFinders

Old 11-29-2004, 08:51 AM

Default Laser RangeFinders

Looking into buying a range finder... any suggestions on which kind to buy?
Old 11-29-2004, 10:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Laser RangeFinders

I have owned two bushnells and now own a leica.I much prefer the leica due to it's narrower beam which reduces the odds of accidently ranging the wrong object and it's red readout which is easier to see in poor light.
Old 11-29-2004, 10:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Another vote on the Leica. It’s more money but well worth it.....
Old 11-29-2004, 02:42 PM
BHS

My Nikon 400 works quite well.
Old 11-29-2004, 07:02 PM
Fork Horn

If you really want the best go for the Leica Geovids, rangefinding binoculars, top glass and rangefinder in one package no switching back and forth and a single top quality unit.
Old 01-14-2005, 04:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Robertesq1

If you really want the best go for the Leica Geovids, rangefinding binoculars, top glass and rangefinder in one package no switching back and forth and a single top quality unit.
My only issue with these is you only get a 2 year warranty on them. If I buy binos I get the kind with a lifetime warranty. Although these look very nice from what I've read.

For me, it'll probably be the Nikon Monarch 800 or the Bushnell Legend as they are both waterproof (a must in my book) and both under $300 at theopticzone.com.

-Power
Old 01-14-2005, 05:03 PM

I have the Bushnell Yardage Pro 1000 and it has served my purposes well. The Leica's may be better, but I can't complain about the 1000 so far! It's done everything I've asked it to do which is generally ranging 500 yds. and less.
Old 01-15-2005, 08:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

solo, I purchased a Busnell 800 compact and really like this model. Very accurate and small enough to not be in your way.
Old 01-17-2005, 02:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've have great luck using different Bushnells but man they don't even begin to compare to the Leica LRF 900.... wow what a rangefinder! Soooo much more quality for only one to two hundred dollars more. The optics don't even begin to compare and the red led display can be priceless in the very first minutes of legal shooting light. IF you can afford the extra money, go for the Leica!
Old 01-22-2005, 11:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Went to the local Bi-Mart and looked through a Bushnell Scout. Man, the glass is very dark, not too good for first/last light. Really make sure you look before you buy.

I'm half excited about the Bushnell Yardage Pro 1500 in the newest Cabelas. LED and waterproof, might be a contender for me too. Don't come out until March though...

Quick Reply: Laser RangeFinders

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.