Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

powerbelt bullets?

Old 11-23-2004, 06:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: powerbelt bullets?

I think they are a great bullet for accuracy, have shot them through many types with all good results.
Old 11-23-2004, 06:50 PM

I just purchased my 1st muzzleloader and the powerbelt bullets(245grain).I shot my 1st deer last year with a muzzleloader,it was a blast.
Old 11-24-2004, 03:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like powerbelts. Easy to load and very accurate in my Black Diamond XR.
Old 11-29-2004, 11:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

I like 'em. Didn't shoot great out of my Black Diamond (not reall bad though) but I got very good shots out of my new Rossi. I shoot 100 grain pyrodex and 245 grain hollow pts.
Old 11-30-2004, 09:49 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-30-2004, 11:01 AM

My dad uses them.................but will "only" shoot the (lead) Powerbelts !

He was very diappointed in the performance/fragmenting on 4-5 deer with the copper PB's !
Old 12-01-2004, 07:58 PM
Typical Buck

I am shooting 295 grain hollow points out of my CVA hunterbolt with 100 grains of pyrodex pellets. I have yet to take a deer with them but they shoot great and load amazingly. I tried saboted pistol bullets in the past and they are a pain. I love how easy they load and they look like they would have some serious knock down. I will let you know how they do on deer.
Old 12-03-2004, 01:39 PM

Try the new Hornady Bullets....Hornady is a lot more experienced than about anyone with accurate bullets.
Old 12-03-2004, 02:08 PM

I like em. I've used them for 3 years in 2 T/C inlines. A Woods rifle (forerunner to the Black Diamond) and a Black Diamond XR. They pattern the best out of anything I've tried (and I've tried about 10 different types of bullets). I like the easy loading but found that they shoot like a FMJ. Meaning they leave sucky blood trails. Lost a doe, in the thickets, last year with a definite killing shot. Went back to the sabots and remembered why I switched to the PowerBelts. Sabots are just a PIA to load and are not as accurate in my rifle. In the end, I'm still using them as ragged one hole groups are better than 2-3" groups at 80 yards. I sometimes take my Inline instead of the shotgun in shotgun season. I've taken 10 deer in the last 3 years with em so I'm pretty happy. 4 so far this year. In the early B/P season I took a nice 8 point on 10/22 and 2 does on 10/23 and 10/24. The buck and one of the does dropped in their tracks. The other doe dropped in sight at 30 yards. Last night I took another 8 point, with a 18" spread, behind the house. He only went about 20 yards. The deer might not bleed as well but they don't go far with heart shots either.
Old 12-08-2004, 11:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use the .50 cal 245 grain Aerotip PB in my Omega and they work great! The deer I smacked this year with 'em took a few steps and collasped! I couldn't ask for any better performance. They also seem to shoot very accurately through my rifle. I'm printing just a hair high at 75 yards and my groups are outstandding, tighter than I ever thought I could shoot a Muzzleloader!

Quick Reply: powerbelt bullets?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.