Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Got the Bruin (atv)

Old 02-19-2005, 03:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Got the Bruin (atv)

Congrats Matt, It sounds like a nice 4 wheeler. I hope you get many years of use out of it.I have a 97 Polaris Sportsman 500.One of my gripes is it's just to heavy.I have a Warn2000 winch on it which has paid for itself on a few occasions.It still has less then 300 hours on it.

Here is a picture of my little Sportsman.I have it set up for most anything I might need in the field.Tools, Tire plugs, air pump etc.Two years ago we added CB radios.

Ruger Redhawk

Old 02-19-2005, 07:04 PM

ORIGINAL: Ruger-Redhawk

Congrats Matt, It sounds like a nice 4 wheeler. I hope you get many years of use out of it.I have a 97 Polaris Sportsman 500.One of my gripes is it's just to heavy.I have a Warn2000 winch on it which has paid for itself on a few occasions.It still has less then 300 hours on it.

Here is a picture of my little Sportsman.I have it set up for most anything I might need in the field.Tools, Tire plugs, air pump etc.Two years ago we added CB radios.

Ruger Redhawk

You forgot a few spare belts ,grease gun,assorted hardware,coolant and always a cell phone to call for help!
Old 02-19-2005, 08:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: soarkrebel

ORIGINAL: Ruger-Redhawk

Ruger Redhawk

You forgot a few spare belts ,grease gun,assorted hardware,coolant aalways a cell phone to call for help!

Yeah Yeah Yeah I hear ya Soark.I have an extra belt in the camper,grease gun handy,extra coolant and a good set of lungs to yell for help.Like I've told you before my next will be a Honda.
At least I learned something from you.LOL.

Ruger Redhawk
Old 02-19-2005, 08:50 PM

I always like to be there for my buddys!

Hey ruger i kind of been looking at yamaha rhinos and kubota rtv900's. i'm getting old huh and honda doesnt make a utility vehicle yet.
I really like the thought of having a roof,windshield ,doors and a HEATER for my outdoor safaris!
I like them both and they both have things about them i like. i just don't know ??
it'll be a while though so maybe honda will catch up.
Old 02-20-2005, 08:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Soark,You are always there to lend a helping hand.

Now if you need all that on a utility vehicle you might as well buy a small 4X4 truck.I hope this isn't a sign of you getting whimpy in your old age.Truthfully I don't follow what new 4 wheelers they come out with,or who has what out.One of the guys at work did mention that Honda was going to bring something out soon.I didn't pay much attention since I'm not in the market for a new 4 wheeler.I know in your eyes I ought to be.You come down awful hard on the Polaris.I'll leave that thought with you.

Ruger Redhawk
Old 02-21-2005, 03:04 PM

Now old man you might want to keep up with technology. these new utility vehicles are much better than a small truck. some will go almost anywhere your atv does now try that in a small truck.
and yep they have cabs you can buy complete with windshield wipers and HEATERS!

For US old man wimpy guys they are pretty nice.

I wouldnt recommend them to folks that don't spend but the fall in the woods. they are to costly for most weekend warriors. really take a look. i'll email you soon bro!
Old 02-22-2005, 05:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Soark wait a couple more years and maybe you can get a new Caddy.Maybe even a Lincoln utility Veh.All kidding asside. I'm sure they would be handy and allot more comfortable. It doesn't get that cold in S.GA where I feel I would need one of them.After building the rack for the back of my scooter to tote deer out with my Polaris is all I need.I know I told you I would send pictures of the rack. Still haven't gotten around to it.Sent you a email last night.Later

Ruger Redhawk