Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

hoyt XTEC

Old 09-21-2004, 01:15 PM

Default hoyt XTEC

anyone using this bow? i just got one hell of a deal on one yesterday....hha 5000 optimizer sight....04 xtec....stabilizer....nap 2000 fall away rest, limb savers, peep, and 6 brand new easton axis arrows all for 530 BUCKS

Tell me thats not a steal......the bow has only been sighted in....

So, Does anyone have any comments on this bow......or any reviews...all would be appreciated..thanks

brian
Old 09-23-2004, 08:50 PM

Default RE: hoyt XTEC

Its an awasome bow. That is an awsome deal. I bought a Mathews Outback, which is the new Mathews model, like the Xtec is Hoyts new one. Nobody can seem to decide which is better, the Xtec or Outback. I picked the Outback becasue i like the Mathews grip a lot more then i like the Hoyt grips. But it is right along with the Outback as the best bow on the market now.
Old 09-24-2004, 08:38 AM
PLB

I have shot the Xtec and the Outback. Both are very nice bows. I went with the Xtec due to my draw length of 30.5". With that long of a draw length, the short ATA of the Outback felt a little funny at full draw. The Xtec is a top notch bow and you got a steal of a deal on that one. I paid about $200 more than you did and that was for a naked bow!
Old 09-25-2004, 09:00 AM

That is an absolute gosh dang STEAL!!!!! I don't know if I should be happy for you or pi**ed off at you. Granted I went with a lot of my bow shop's custom accesories, but I think my bill out the door was a little over $1,000 for everything(no arrows though).

I shoot an Xtec for the exact same reason Sharpshot did, but just on the other side. I went with the Xtec over the Outback because of the skinny handle. A person that buys one or the other is pretty much on feel and personal perference. Besides ATA, the two are almost the same in regards to being smooth, quiet, same valley, equally forgiving, next to zero hand shock and fairly light weight. You certainly won't be disappointed. And if you are....I'll buy your setup for $100 more than you paid. You'll make $$. LOL
Old 09-27-2004, 02:55 AM

That is a deal...i found it on ebay actually with a buy it now....i got it immediately.......i just got the bow yesterday...what a sweet shooting bow...I LOVE IT........i have a hoyt magnatec and love that one too...the hha sight is so nice too.....very bright.....

i guess i got lucky for once...lol