Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Artic Shield Overboot Insulators

Old 09-18-2004, 11:18 AM

Default Artic Shield Overboot Insulators

I am considering purchasing the Artic Shield overboot insultors. I would be mostly using them while standing on the ground. Do they have a abrasion resistance bottom?

I am also interseted in buying a pair of gloves for deer huinting (gun). they offer two styles that look interesting: the campglove and the system glove.

Any advice/ recommemdations would be greatly appreciated.

My need is urgent as I am think of buying these as a gift for my father.

Thanks,
Steve
Old 09-19-2004, 04:46 AM

Default RE: Artic Shield Overboot Insulators

go to arcoutdoors and contact them they should help you.
Old 09-19-2004, 06:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

They work fine for keeping your feet warm. They have a rubber sole about an eigth of an inch thick to keep you from sliding off your treestand They are deffinately not made for walking in. You put them on once you get to your stand and take them off when leaving. I shot a deer and in the excitement forgot to take them off as there were plenty of other hunters around. Anyway I put a hole in them by stepping on a stick. They still work fine after a little duct tape. I reccomend them to anyone who needs to keep their feet warm but doesn't want the added bulk of insulated boots. They stow away well in a pack or back of hunting vest.
Old 09-20-2004, 08:46 PM

I have both the system gloves and boot insulators. I have to tell you they work. The insulators aren't designed for walking , but you can't beat'em for keeping your feet warm.
Old 10-12-2004, 02:47 PM
Spike

I have the Icebreaker boot blankets; bulky, but very warm. As far as a recommendation for gloves, try the Handblanket also from Icebreaker. I use this as my primary hand warmer during the winter hunts. It has a warm fleece liner on the inside, water and wind repelant outer shell. When using the handblanket, I don't even wear other gloves. Put in a chemical handwarmer, and you should be good to go even in the coldest weather. I just purchased some blaze orange mechanic gloves for this year. I hope to use these when climbing with the treestand. After that, gloves come off, and hands go into the handblanket. You can even tie it around your waist so that when you need to shoot, it isn't in the way. I found both at Gander Mountain, but I think you can get them at Cabels too.