Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Digital Scouting Cameras: What would you rate them?

Old 09-12-2004, 07:45 PM
TJD
Fork Horn

Default Digital Scouting Cameras: What would you rate them?

Anyone here have any experience with them? I got a Stealthcam DIGRC-X and flash did not work. Waiting for replacement.

Anyone used any digital scouting cameras? What was your experience?

Which would you recommend?
Old 09-12-2004, 09:05 PM

Default RE: Digital Scouting Cameras: What would you rate them?

Bought a Cuddeback it is awsome. my friends ali use the film cameras there nice but the Cuddeback you can chck in the field and the battery life is great. In my mind Cuddeback is the best out there and well worth the money
Old 09-13-2004, 07:33 PM

Yep I think they are great.I have I believe 16 or so,not sure but I build all my own.Its pretty easy to do if your interested,and much better then a store bought.
Old 09-13-2004, 10:06 PM
TJD
Fork Horn

YES!!! I'd love to build my own. Where do you get the hardware? Any tips? Plans? Etc!!!!
Old 09-19-2004, 09:18 PM
Fork Horn

there are some game camera reviews here http://www.jesseshunting.com/reviewp...cat.php?cat=97

they also have plans to make your own check here http://www.jesseshunting.com/forums/...p?showforum=50
Old 09-20-2004, 06:08 PM
Fork Horn

I bought a Cuddeback and love it. I've taken over 400 pics and several hundred video clips and I'm still on the same set of batteries.
Old 09-23-2004, 08:23 AM

I bought a Stealth Cam DIGRC-XTR 3.0 meg. and I would suggest that you NOT BUY this camera. It is a battery HOG ( they only last about 4 days no matter how many pics) and it does not respond fast enough to catch a deer that is moving (lots of rumps). The only good thing I can say is it does take clear photos. I have sent my camera back to Stealth and they are replacing it (3 weeks turn around) but other posters on this site have already tried their "replacements" and had the same results (4 day battery life). I have already ordered a cuddeback and it should be here by Sat.
Old 10-02-2004, 04:33 AM

Just got my replacement Stealth Cam DIGRC-XTR. When I sent it in they told me it would be 3 weeks but I got it back in only one week! I am going to put new batteries in it and put it out today. I will post as soon as the batteries run out (lets hope they last longer then 4 days!
Old 10-03-2004, 07:35 AM

I just got the new Leaf River digital game cam and like it very much....see the realtree outdoor forums for pics and reviews....Cabela's and Jesse's hunting and outdoors carry's them......mines comes with a LCD picture viewing screen.....cam is great and less money than other digitals.....I had the cuddeback for a few days (nice cam) but really liked the Leaf more.....its $50 to $ 100 less depending on which model....and loaded with lots of nice features......check it out......
Old 10-03-2004, 08:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

I bought a Cuddeback a couple months ago and taken about 700 pictures and still on the first set of 4 D-cell batteries and they are still on a 3 rating with 4 being a new battery. I do wish the flash would pick up a little farther though, the best I can tell about 20 feet is the max for getting a good pic at night. It has already paid for it self when you consider the cost of film and developing and the best thing is you don't have to wait 2 or 3 days to see what you have on film. I really like it, wish I had bought one a couple years ago.

Quick Reply: Digital Scouting Cameras: What would you rate them?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.