Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Could this be right?

Old 09-11-2004, 07:49 AM
Fork Horn

Default Could this be right?

I can't see straight out of Binos. I see double every pair I look through. I have no problem seing out of scopes. I'm considering buying a spotting scope to hunt with. Does anybody else have this problem?
Old 09-11-2004, 01:49 PM

Default RE: Could this be right?

don't know how to explain it but yes i have same trouble until i squeeze the binos almost together and can't get my face in to see anything hardly dominant eye issue no clue but yes !!
Old 09-12-2004, 05:49 PM
Fork Horn

I do believe it is a dominant eye issue. I was at Gander moutain today so I was looking at different binos. The guy handed me a pair that cost $400. I handed them back to him and told him they were blury. He looked at me like I was nuts. So he gave me a pair that cost $1000. I could finally see right. Better glass quality I guess, It did correct my problem though. I'm sure not planning on spending that kind of $$$. I guess I'll have to keep closing one eye and use the pair I have.
Old 09-12-2004, 07:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

you do realize that one of the eyepieces on the binos is adjustable, cup your hand over the other, look through the one lens and adjust it, them both will be in focus. then close up both lens until you get one circle.
Old 09-12-2004, 09:14 PM
Fork Horn

The eyepiece adjustment tip was nice ,but ain't that kind of a no brainer. The blure I speak of is not a focus issue. It is still due to the objcet I focus on seperating and being two.....
Old 09-13-2004, 04:41 AM
Dominant Buck

OHBowhunter ,
you have to get the interpupillary distance correct or you'll always see double . That's how far apart the eyepieces are when you look through them . If it continues to be a problem get a monocular .