Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Great Deer Feeder

Old 08-28-2004, 09:54 AM

Default Great Deer Feeder

I Just wanted to say how great the ON TIME deer feeder is.
Its nice to find a product that works like it is supposed to and has an actual life time warrenty to boot. I'm going to get a second one just to feed animals around the house.
Old 08-28-2004, 06:45 PM

Default RE: Great Deer Feeder

i Bought the FAT BOY last bow season and it worked fine for me all the way through the end of gun season- the original batteries appeared to be as strong as they were the first day I installed them (unlike MOULTRIES FEEDERS)
Old 08-29-2004, 05:07 AM

Which on time feeder?
I'm going to Cabelas Hamburg store today just for a feeder.
I ordered a Kenco 100# stright shooter yesterday,but am willing to cancel the order.
The one I wanted is the cabelas EZ load ,but they wont have that until the 7th
Old 08-29-2004, 11:43 AM

I got the standard lifetime feeder cause the warrenty is to good to pass up,but for the money the fat boy feeder looks great too.
Old 08-29-2004, 05:20 PM

Ended up getting the On Time EZ load feeder
A ?? for ya is,,,,per sec,how much corn will it throw?
It has a 100# bin and the max amount of sec's it will trow is 12.
How long will the bin last with 2 feeding a day?
Another ? is.
It says it will throw 25'or 125' circles.....HOW??
Old 08-29-2004, 11:32 PM

I got the Fat Boy model two years ago and I love it. A set of quality batteries will last a year and with that barrel I fill it and it last for 6 weeks feeding 3 times a day. You couldnt ask for anything more.
Old 08-30-2004, 10:40 AM

the 125 must be a misprint. What actual feeder unit comes on the ez load?
In any case youll love it and I usually end yop throwing about 1 1/2 pounds or so at a time
Old 08-31-2004, 09:18 AM
etw

Hey Duse500 forget the straight shooter! I have a Kenco Tornado that has three straight shooters mounted into its base. I leave all three shooters "on" all the time at maximum spin time because 1 or more of them is always jammed. I use the "cleaned" bagged corn, still have the problem. I have another Kenco (with a regular slinger plate & a bullet proof cast aluminum case that I love, its great. Its mounted under a 55 gallon drum. Forget the straight shooter, it jams to easily IMO.
Old 08-31-2004, 04:37 PM
Fork Horn

If you don't mind me asking, how much is the fat boy or the ez load. I have only used homemade gravity feed type before, but want to get one on a timer if I can afford it. Also, my new lease is thick bottom land, not really any open areas. Will this effect how well it attracts deer? I haven't seen the land yet, just got on it last week. Sent the check without seeing it, because land is so hard to find around East Texas. My friend that has hunted it is turning his spot over to me, as he never finds the time to hunt. 1300 acres, so maybe i can find a semi open area for it.
Old 08-31-2004, 05:49 PM

well in that case,I'm gonna send the stright shooter back.
Does look like it's gonna jam up whit that narrow slot

Here's the cabelas pricesfeeders
I paid 179 for the on time ez load

Quick Reply: Great Deer Feeder

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.