Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

CABELAS DRY PLUS SILENT SUEDE

Old 07-31-2004, 11:16 AM

Default CABELAS DRY PLUS SILENT SUEDE

LOOKING FOR A NEW HUNTING OUTFIT WAS JUST WONDERING IF ANYONE HAS HEARD ANYTING GOOD ABOUT THIS OUTFIT AND ISIT WARM ENOUGH FOR STAND HUNTING IN THE NORTHEAST!!! THANKS TO ALL THAT RESPOND
Old 08-03-2004, 08:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: CABELAS DRY PLUS SILENT SUEDE

I just got a pair of Cabelas Dry Plus RainSuede. I bought them baggy so I could layer underneath them during the winter, but there unisulated so I can wear them bowhunting in early fall as well. I guess dryplus is Cabelas brand of Gore-tex and it is much cheaper. They are not supposed to be as durable as gore-tex but they said if they ever leak than you can return them.
Old 08-03-2004, 09:03 AM

I BOUGHT THE DRY PLUS LAST YEAR AND IT IS THE BEST I HAVE EVER HAD. IT KEPT ME WARM AND DRY. I CAN'T REALLY SAY WHETHER IT WOULD BE GOOD IN THE NORTHEAST BECAUSE I LIVE IN KENTUCKY. I SET IN A WATER LOGGED CUSHION IN MY TREE STAND AND MY TAIL DIDN'T GET WET!!! EXCELLENT GOODS FOR THE PRICE!!!
Old 08-03-2004, 07:33 PM

Jamie,

I used it last year on my caribou hunt, and it worked fine. I had to dry it out every night in the tent, and it dried nicely and performed well. I imagine hunting in the Northwest is very similar to Alaska.
Old 08-22-2004, 10:02 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 08-23-2004, 04:43 AM

THANKS EVERY ONE MY HUNTING OUTFIT SHOULD BE HERE TODAY ,KEEPING A EYE OUT FOR THE BROWN TRUCK!!!
Old 08-24-2004, 12:06 AM
Typical Buck

jamie, you won't be sorry. I've had the Super Slam Dry Plus Fleece for about 6 yrs and its been great!! I don't live in the northeast, but I've spent some cold wet days on stand here in Ky and it did just fine.
Old 08-24-2004, 07:47 AM

I have several pieces of the Cabelas Wear in 'Dri-Plus' and it has performed super. My most recent purchase was a Cabelas down parka and you can't walk in it without thinking you're gonna burst into flames! Great for all day stand hunting, even in the most miserable weather, but I have to carry it in in my pack because of it's warmth.
Old 08-24-2004, 09:18 AM
Fork Horn

How would you guys rate durability? I will be hunting in heavy brush. I need somthing that wont snag. My guide/outfitter recommended GORTEX. Can I get this instead and SAVE some $$$$?
Old 08-25-2004, 01:41 PM

I think the Dri-Plus works as good as the GoreTex I have. I think that GoreTex is a trade name anyway. Granted, they were the first, but the others seem to work well too. My stuff has held up well. It's quiet and it works. What more could you want?

Quick Reply: CABELAS DRY PLUS SILENT SUEDE

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.