Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

ATV helments, do you wear them!

Old 07-06-2004, 04:44 PM

Default ATV helments, do you wear them!

How many of you wear an ATV helmet while traveling to your hunting stand? How many of you wear an ATV helmet at anytime while riding either scouting, hunting, or for recreation? Any information would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Dr. Mike
[email protected]
Old 07-06-2004, 05:40 PM

Default RE: ATV helments, do you wear them!

I dont usually wear my helmet while hunting, but do when joy riding. W/ an inexperienced rider ALWAYS!! ALWAYS!! make them wear helmets. My wife and 5yr old were on my grizzly and rolled it. They were going about 2-3 mph, and the scooter did one complete roll. It cracked the 5yr olds helmet, gave her a long knot from her ear up to the center of the top of her head w/ a BIG goose egg above her ear. She was alright but w/o that helmet I'm sure she would be dead right now. I really couldn't believe the damage it did through the helmet. ALL kids should use them ALL the time.
Old 07-06-2004, 06:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

never where a helmet - never (rarely ever go fast enough to get into trouble. I have worn a helemt in the winter when trail riding and I do have a novelty half helmet (not DOT) that i wear for "giggles"
Old 07-06-2004, 07:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

I don't even own a helmet! I know, I know, I probably should!
Old 07-06-2004, 07:49 PM

I personally never wear a helmet. I should though....I've had some close calls. It's just that wearing one would cut down on the visibility and hearing that I like when hunting and scouting.
Old 07-07-2004, 11:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

i always where a helmet while riding. when scouting, i never where a helmet. i dont do my scouting from a 4wheeler or ride a 4wheeler to get to my stand. so i dont feel the need to where a helmet
Old 07-08-2004, 08:44 PM

I don't wear one. I know I should. Shame on me!
Old 07-09-2004, 05:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

I always had a helmet on when riding my Honda.
Old 07-09-2004, 05:54 AM

Myself, like many others, never used to ride with a helmet until I had a friend get hurt really bad as a result of not having one on . Now however, when I ride for leisure, I always wear a helmet, however I do not wear one while scouting as I do not use my ATV for scouting.
Old 07-09-2004, 06:37 AM

I always wear mine when I go trail riding, no exceptions. When I'm just going out to my stand or game camera I don't bother.

Quick Reply: ATV helments, do you wear them!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.