Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

ATV helments, do you wear them!

Old 07-10-2004, 01:37 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: ATV helments, do you wear them!

Outdoor338,

I never use one, but I never use my atv anywhere except in the woods for hunting or fishing and I would doubt seriously that I ever get over 5 mph. I go so slow, I'm always looking for deer and other wildlife sign, I don't think I've used my brakes in years.

I definitely would recommend a helmet even though I don't use one. A friend of mines son (he was 24) and a few buddies was riding on back road (paved, but little traffic in that neck of the woods) about 10 years ago. He let his right front wheel ease of the pavement and the atv flipped. He died instantly from head injuries.

Be very careful my friend.

dog1
Old 07-12-2004, 09:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: ATV helments, do you wear them!

I never wear one. I only use my Honda 450 for hunting and about 12 mph is fast as I ever go. Furthermore, the land that I hunt on in the Mississippi delta is completely flat. I've never known anyone at our club to wear one and no one's ever had an accident that I'm aware of.

However, I've got a son who will be old enough to use the ATV soon and knowing how kids like to joy ride, I'll make him wear one for sure.