Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Summit Rapid Climb Stirrups...Overall Impressions!

Old 05-27-2004, 09:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Summit Rapid Climb Stirrups...Overall Impressions!

The rapid climb stirrups work as advertised! I climbed this morning and the most impressive thing was how much more control you had over the platform. Even if you use the bungee cord that Summit supplies with the stirrups, you do not have to bend over to get your feet in and out.

I tried climbing with the bungee installed on the stand and without. When I installed the stirrups, I adjusted them so my largest set of rubber boots would fit in the stirrups. For the test, I wore tennis shoes because I wanted to see how I could control the platform with a smaller set of shoes on. I had no problems ascending or decending with or without the bungee. However, each hunter will have to practice and determine whether or not he or she will use the bungee.

If you have never used a climber where you lift the platform by placing your feet under the side braces, it may seem a little awkward at first. However, I was used to it after using a Lone Wolf climber in previous years.

In my opinion Summit has a real winner here! I plan to practice some more with my hunting boots on to make my final determination concerning the use of the bungee cord. Either way the stirrups will stay on my stand.
Old 05-27-2004, 09:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Summit Rapid Climb Stirrups...Overall Impressions!

Thanks for the post and the info. I see that those stirrups will fit on older summit climbers, just what I was looking for!
Old 05-31-2004, 09:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

im glad you posted this i just asked about them the other day and since reading your post ill definatly be ordering me a set here soon anythings better then having to bend over and all most falling out of the stand trying to get my feet in the old way
Old 06-02-2004, 02:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have a set on order from cabelas. They are supposted to arrive June 9th. Can't wait to try them out.
Old 06-23-2004, 07:36 PM
Boone & Crockett

Glad to hear it. I have been meaning to pick up a set of the stirrups for my Summit. This may have just sealed the deal.
Old 06-27-2004, 02:23 PM
Fork Horn

i would like to see a picture of someones feet in them. your feet dont slip out while coming down the tree?i've never used a platform that your feet go to the side, just courious how it works
Old 06-30-2004, 02:28 PM

I just saw these and want to give them a try. Do they interfere with how the stand sections fit together for transporting?

thanks
Old 06-30-2004, 03:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

buck-i,

It really seems much more stable when descending and ascending than previous Summit stands. It probably would take some getting used to if you have never climbed that way. However, once you practice with them I feel like you will like how much more control you have over the platform.

Krotalus,

The stirrups do not get in the way at all. The foot platform sits on top of the climbing portion. Atleast thats the way my Viper XLS and Bushmaster sit together for packing in and out. If you give them a try I think you will like them.
Old 06-30-2004, 05:24 PM

doh, forgot all about that my stand has been in storage since last fall
Old 06-30-2004, 06:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Here are some pics I took.

I have them adjusted for my boots, thats why they look loose on my shoes.

They work great

Quick Reply: Summit Rapid Climb Stirrups...Overall Impressions!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.