Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Cabelas vs Bass Pro Shop

Old 05-28-2004, 10:13 PM

Default RE: Cabelas vs Bass Pro Shop

i have been to both stores shopped in both stores but spent tons more money in cabelas than bass pro! i like bass pro when there isn't a cabelas around, but cabelas wins hands down in my book.
Old 06-02-2004, 05:33 PM
Typical Buck

Cabelas is the best. I have always had good service and support with them. Bass Pro really p***ed my dad and me off one time. My dad ordered some shirts out of the bass pro catalog, he was going to return them because he didn't like the way it fit. We decided to go to Cabelas and bass pro in the same day so we drove two and a half hours to bass pro only to find out that the store would not take the stuff back. Because it was purchased from the catalog it had to be returned to the catalog, the only thing they could do was replace it with the exact same item it it was damaged. So we continued on to Cabelas and they took back the stuff we ordered from the catalog no questions asked.

We went about an hour out of our way to go to bass pro so they could make us mad. I would rather give my business to Cabelas any day of the week.

Cabelas has a much better hunting selection than bass pro.
Old 06-03-2004, 10:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have ordered from both and been happy with everythig I have received. We just got a new Bass Pro here in Hampton, VA and I think that it is a great place to shop. I usually do not need to be told what to get I know in advance and I just go and buy but the people that I have talked to seem to know what they are talking about. I have never been in a Cabelas but this store has a huge hunting section and I have yet to not find what I was looking for.
Old 06-03-2004, 09:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mlaubner

For me it's real simple...
Bass Pro started out in fishing stuff, I think the name gives you a little clue and now carries hunting gear.
Cabela's started as an outfitter for hunting and now carries fishing gear.
Shop the store relative to need you are trying to fill.
Bass Pro for fishing and Cabela's for hunting.
im with him on this one ive ordered from both and been happy with both
Old 06-04-2004, 11:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Cabelas started with fishing supplies way before they started with hunting supplies. The first products Dick Cabela sold were flies.
Old 06-06-2004, 06:10 AM

Cabela's gets my vote......I live , less than an hours drive from the new Cabela's in Hamberg Pa....... Awesome store!!!!!!
Old 06-07-2004, 01:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would say Cabelas
Old 06-11-2004, 06:41 AM

Cabelas any day of the week.
Old 06-11-2004, 01:33 PM

Cabelas!!! I've never been inside their stores, unfortunetely, but I order all my hunting stuff exclusively from them. Their customer service is unbeatable.
Old 06-14-2004, 04:09 AM

I would choose cabelas, but I am also a little bias. About ten years ago my hunting partner ran into an old guy named Bill Knowlenbuger (I probably spelled his name wrong) My hunting partner is the manager of a local produce department. (which gives us access to great hunting locations) Old Bill was a lifelong hunter, up in his years, and was not able to get around very well anymore so we would take him hunting with us. Come to find out Bill was origanally from California and was one of the worlds main manufacturers of the old wooden style speed boats. After our hunts he would take us to his boat shop and show us pictures of him with various famous people with him and his boats ( the one used in raiders of the lost ark with Connery was one of his boats). In one corner of his shop he had stacks of hunting supplies that were collecting dust. We asked him about these one day and he told us that it was stuff that was sent to him by Mike Cabela to test out. It seems that he and Mike would spend a few weeks each year together in his younger days duck hunting in Argentina. To make a long story short we had many fun filled days testing out this equipment for him, Bill has been gone for a few years now and is missed. Alot of the duck displays that you see in the cabela's stores were shot by Mike and Bill on there hunting trips. Each time I see these displays I am always reminded of Bill and his stories of these hunts. Mike Cabela treated him well and for that I will always be faithfull to Cabela's.

Quick Reply: Cabelas vs Bass Pro Shop

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.