Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

What ATV ?

Old 05-14-2004, 09:24 AM

Default RE: What ATV ?

the 700 honda is a FOUR WHEEL DRIVE with automatic transmission.it is called the RINCON AND HAS A 649CC ENGINE.
Old 05-14-2004, 10:14 AM

I own a 400 Polaris Sprotsman, and would definetly say it was worth every penny. Besides the awful Custermer Service I got at Spectrum Motor Sports. I have had no problem with my Polaris. I did however flipped it climbing a steep grad about a half a mile long. The quad flipped and flipped end over end for nearly 50 yds, untill it hung up on some brush. I swore I was dead, and my Polaris would never run again. I was OK walked down to my Polaris flipped it on all 4's and drove home. The only thing that needed replaced was the front and rear racks, which broke up into pieces.
Old 05-14-2004, 11:12 AM

the 700 honda is a FOUR WHEEL DRIVE with automatic transmission.it is called the RINCON AND HAS A 649CC ENGINE
The rincon is model id'ed as the TRX650FA.
And it's really not a good utility atv from what i have read about it from those that ride them. the rubicon and foreman are far superior in the utility class.
Old 05-14-2004, 11:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

the 700 honda is a FOUR WHEEL DRIVE with automatic transmission.it is called the RINCON AND HAS A 649CC ENGINE
The 650 rincon is a great trail riding machine but as previously stated it is not the best honda for utility applications.I use the rubicon as it's dual range hydrostatic transmission is more suitable for a working quad.
Old 05-14-2004, 12:45 PM
Fork Horn

Most all places that sell ATV's have a place to test them before buying.
I grew up riding Honda's. They are nice machines. I just recently bought my wife and myself new four wheelers. She Liked the Arctic Cat 400, and I wanted to upgrade my 400 honda. So I went with the 660 Griz. and love it.

So test them all for yourself before buying something that you may like now but wont like later..

Hunter338
Old 05-14-2004, 11:13 PM

i am sure i will hold on to my 400 foreman for a little while longer,but i will say again,for where i go and what i do with my atv,i would buy the RINCON and have a 2500# warn winch on the front and different tires than those that come on it.
Old 05-14-2004, 11:42 PM

I've got an Arctic Cat 454 that I've put a little over 800 miles on in some fairly rough Arkansas terrain. I've used it to do everything from clearing fields & putting in food plots to hauling game out of the woods, crossing rivers, etc. and have never had a bit of trouble out of it.

The steering is a little stiff as it is full time 4 wheel drive, but other than that I've got no complaints at all.

firstshot