Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

What ATV ?

Old 04-24-2004, 12:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: What ATV ?

ORIGINAL: tj_cubin
you cant spell polaris without POlariS!!
You are exactly right! I've never met a good Polaris!
Maybe, just maybe, the newer models are better than the older ones, they may even be as good as any other brand now! With their terrible reputation, I would not bet money on a Polaris! Why gamble, when you can get a Honda, Yamaha, or Kawasaki and not have to worry!
Old 04-30-2004, 04:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a 97 Polaris.It's been a good machine.After dealing with Polaris's customer service there will never be another new one.If they don't want to help after the sale,then I'll deal with someone who does.I pass the word every chance I get.If I can save one person from having to deal with them it's worth my efforts.
Ruger Redhawk
Old 04-30-2004, 06:59 PM
Typical Buck

Everyone has their own opinions, but I love my Arctic Cat 400 4x4. I've been through some pretty tough terrain and it's never been stuck and I got it with a 2500lb Warn out the door for $5250.00.
Old 05-03-2004, 07:36 PM
TJD
Fork Horn

Its hard to beat a Honda Rancher ES 4x4
I'll second that! Not a big hauling machine, but it can haul enough and for just plain driving I think it's hard to beat.
Old 05-10-2004, 06:33 PM

Another vote for the Kodiak. I have always been partial to Yamaha. I have had 3 of them. I have the 400 4x4. It geats the job done, and I have put it to the test on several occassions.
Old 05-10-2004, 09:12 PM
Typical Buck

I have had a Polaris 425 for a few years and have never experienced any problems with it. It has made a few hunting trips to Colorado and New Mexico and hasnt hickuped.
2 weeks ago I tried crossing a rain swollen creek on my place with it and was swept down stream ( I know now they float easily[]). I struggled with it to keep it from rolling on top of me, I managed to to get out from underneath it as both of us tumbled. As it turned out I escaped unharmed, the Polaris rolled downstream about 30 yards until it got caught on something.The water was 4 1/2 feet deep. There it sat about 3 hours upside down with the rear tires bearly out of the water. I walked back to the house dripping wet and cold and got some help, my father and nephew managed to get it up out of the water and on dry land. It sat there for 5 days before we were able to tow it back to the house. I drained the oil, pulled the plug and turned it over to get the water(about 2 table spoons) out. It now runs like nothing ever happpened.......how long I do not know .
Just to be on the safe side I went out and bought a new 400 Sportsman and hope to get some years of use out of it. I have been taking it easy during the break in period...it does have a smoooooth ride compared to the 425.

the choice is yours, the old Ford /Chevy debate will continue[X(].....

doubleA
Old 05-12-2004, 07:24 PM

No such thing as overkill. I have a Polaris 600 and love the extra pull, really comes in handy. Personally I'd stick with Polaris or Honda. Just me.
The spirit of the woods is like an old good friend
Old 05-13-2004, 05:25 AM

Polaris 500 HO you can't beat it
Old 05-13-2004, 06:25 AM

i have owned a 250 honda big red, a 125 honda 4w, and currently have a 400 4wd foreman.my son owns a yamaha 400 4w.we both have had good success. if i was to buy a new one tomorrow,i would buy the honda 700 4wd.
Old 05-13-2004, 09:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

i would buy the honda 700 4wd

Unless this is a very recent release honda does not make a 700 quad.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.