Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Cabela's order missing an item

Old 03-30-2004, 02:58 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Cabela's order missing an item

Have any of you ordered from Cabela's website or catalog only to discover upon delivery that an item is missing (but is listed on this packing slip)? I've been buying from them quite a bit lately, and yesterday I received a package missing a box call. It surprised me because it was QC'ed, but I guess stuff happens.

I called their customer service number and was on the phone with someone before the first ring finished (I thought I had been disconnected until the agent started talking). The entire conversation took less than five minutes, and they're reshipping my missing box call with 2-day delivery since I paid for it originally.

Overall, I'm pretty satisfied with Cabela's inventory and service. But I'd like to hear about anyone else's issues with them, just to get a bigger picture of their customers' sentiments.
Old 03-30-2004, 04:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Cabela's order missing an item

I've ordered through Cabela's and BassPro a few times and never had a problem.Everything I ordered was shipped unless back ordered.Between BassPro and Cabela's there isn't much difference.Mistakes happen, it's what they do after the mistake that counts.Sounds like they treated you right.
Ruger Redhawk
Old 03-30-2004, 09:58 PM

i placed a last minute order from cabelas website for some camo last december for my out of state hunting trip. i had to make some changes to the order for faster shipping. this was all done over the weekend when the customer service department was closed.so i emailed the customer service department after hours and they changed the shipping info for me. GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE. CUSTOMER FOR LIFE.
Old 03-30-2004, 10:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have ordered from them over the years, always got great service. One time i ordered a fishing buddie two, had it shipped to my address in North Carolina, federal express placed it under the front steps because no one was home at the time. when i arrived there at five in the morning, my headlights picked up a large pile of paper in the front yard, upon closer inspection it turned out the be the package. My dog age it. i called cabela's the first thing in the morning and when they finally got done laughing, told me a new one was on the way and federal express paid for that one. like i said, always got great service from them.
Old 03-30-2004, 10:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have always had outstanding service from cabela's.

I don't order a lot from them, but when I do, it's what I ordered and on time.
Old 03-31-2004, 08:45 PM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks for your input, fellows. I continue to enjoy their large selection (of everything!), competitive prices & sales, and great service. The new box call will arrive tomorrow sometime, and my wife will have a new toy for next week's opener.
Old 04-01-2004, 07:44 AM
Spike

I've alway have gotten excellant service from Bass Pro Shops and Cabela's.
I had order some hooks last spring from Cabela's. Their catalog said 10 per pack, but when I got them there was only 5 per pack. I called them, they said it was suppose to be 5, but since they screwed up, they'd refund my money or send the rest of the order out.
I ask them to send out the hooks.

- skunkie
Old 04-01-2004, 03:49 PM

I have ordered from Bass Pro in the past but the last couple years ordered from Cabelas exclusively. They always are ready to please. Also if you ever have occasion to go shop at one of their stores you will really be impressed with the cleanliness and the knowledgeable sales people they have. I have nothing but praise for the way they have treated me on every occasion.
Old 04-01-2004, 04:06 PM
RPL

Cabela's customer sevice is as good as it gets. I've ordered a lot of gear from them. I've had minor glitches with a few orders but they always made good with no arguement.
Old 04-01-2004, 04:20 PM
Typical Buck

Cabelas is great for customer service. Never had a problem with them at all.

Just read the other day that they will be selling "stock" soon. Looks like you can invest in your hunting addiction.

Quick Reply: Cabela's order missing an item

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.