Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

GPS

Old 04-29-2004, 10:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: GPS

yup, i use the magellan mapsend direct route program on my laptop and does the same thing. by the way, might be up you way for a bike ride shortly, will stop in for one of your books.
Old 04-29-2004, 11:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Lee, Thats great news...The roads are finally pretty clear for bikes, most of the slag has been blown off. I'm gonna be gone to Fla. from around the third of may untill the 18th. but other than that, I ought to be here. With the exception of the 21st.

Call before you come because several of the roads are getting paved, I might be able to save you some aggrivation.

For anyone interested, I'm gonna be at the Extreme Tactical Expo in Virginia beach on the 21st. Anyone interested in picking up a copy of the book can stop on in and get one
Old 04-29-2004, 12:41 PM
eck

I use a Garmin as well. It's actually a marine GPS with all the water navagational aids in the world pre-programmed in... but it works fine in the woods.

If you fish/boat in coastal waters (like I do up here in WA state), you can't go wrong with a Garmin 48.
Old 05-06-2004, 06:06 AM

I have a Garmin Legend, have used it for 2 yeas now, and really wouldn't go into the woods without it. It is very user friendly and a great tool!
Old 05-14-2004, 11:49 PM

I've got a Gramin GPS III+ with topo maps. Have topos on CD for the entire US and they sure have come in handy. We've got a 2,300 acre hunting lease in Arkansas and I created a "route" to outline the entire property boundary. That has come in real handy as some parts of the lease aren't fenced and with the GPS I can always tell where the property boundaries are.

firstshot