Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Groomsmen gifts..need suggestions

Old 02-13-2004, 02:52 PM
Typical Buck

Default Groomsmen gifts..need suggestions

I'm getting married in a couple of months and need some help...2 of my groomsmen are hunting partners and I'd like to get them something they can use for a gift instead of something they never will. I'm thinking knives would be good since they can be engraved and will be a keepsake as well. I'm limiting myself to $75-100 and was wondering if you guy's could suggest a knife in that range that isn't junk. Or even if you have a better idea...the one guy bowhunts and big game hunts mostly and the other one just bird hunts. They already have all the other typical stuff like engraved booze holders etc. Gimme some help fellas JDinAB
Old 02-13-2004, 06:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Groomsmen gifts..need suggestions

When I was best man for my best friends wedding, he got me and all the groomsmen engraved pocket knives. Depending on how many are in your party $100 might be just right or not enough. You might also want to look at getting some money clips with wildlife art eteched in.
Old 02-14-2004, 09:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

JD there are a number of decent knives that will fall into your budget range and I think it is an excellent idea(puma, gerber, buck, schrade, case, etc).
Others could be a leatherman multitool, stainless steel thermos, wildlife art with engraved plate(print, duck carving, etc), compass (SS ones can be engraved) or even a lansky sharpening kit with engraved plat stuck on the case.

Remember they don't have to be the exact same item if you want to tailor it to the guy. For my groomsmen they got different items that were personalized to their interests but cost me the same money.(It worked out very nicely)

Best of luck in finding the right gift and with marriage
Old 02-15-2004, 06:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was in a wedding a few years back and the groom gave us the Micro Leatherman. I think they are in the $30 - $40 range each. I always carry it in my pocket at work and use it all the time. Not so much for hunting, but it is pretty handy during the couse of a normal day.

. . . Rob
Old 02-15-2004, 08:48 AM
Typical Buck

I was given a Browning Knife for a gift 2 years ago and it goes on every hunting trip I go on. Heres the knife that was given to me
http://www.browning.com/products/cat...22&type_id=600

They have a complete knife catalog online and you probably can get them cheaper if you do some looking.
http://www.browning.com/products/cat...ives/index.asp
Old 02-16-2004, 04:43 PM
taw

How about a hand made turkey call from Kaiser calls. He makes his own slate and glass friction calls. I just ordered one for myself, and everyone says how good they sound. He will personalise it for you( such as made for -----). They cost between $40-50 to make and that includes shipping. If you are interested his website is www.kaiserkalls.com. Check it out he has several differant of calls he has madefor other people, as well as his phone # if you want to talk to him.
Old 02-16-2004, 08:08 PM
Super Moderator

I would think that browning knife would be extremely useful, no matter what type of hunting your buddies do. Sounds like it's in your price range too.
Old 02-19-2004, 12:43 AM

I was in the same boat three years ago. I opted to get all my groomsmen a Gerber Gator. I've got one myself and I love it.
Old 02-19-2004, 09:02 AM

Hi JD IN ALBERTA,

A really nice knife for the money is the Cold Steel Pendleton Mini Hunter. They retail for about $50. US which leaves a little for minor engraving. I do NOT own this particular knife (though I've personally handled and seen them used) but I do own nearly a dozen Cold Steel knives. They are a "very good value" for the money. I own knives from many companies and a few semi-custom, custom. I will state that Cold Steel represent a good product for a reasonable price!

The "mini" is small enough for birds and small game.....but big enough to be useful for big game. I'd be estatic to receive one as a gift...... (I am NOT affiliated with Cold Steel in any way.) I've included a link:

http://www.coldsteel.com/penhun.html

Hope this helps!

Dave
Old 02-20-2004, 01:04 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks fellas for the suggestions...I picked up a Browning FDT for $50 off the net with sheath, flashlight & presentation case. Now I have to figure something out for the other two yahoos. JDinAB

Quick Reply: Groomsmen gifts..need suggestions

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.