Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

mounts and rings for Tikka T3

Old 01-23-2004, 08:22 PM

Default RE: mounts and rings for Tikka T3

I found the same Leupold product number under the Leupold bases section of www.tjgeneralstore.com. I've made a number of purchases from them. They are in the US though, might be an issue for you?

Sako and Tikka mounts don't get enough coverage in Leupold's charts. You can have seperate bases and rings, or you can get integral ringmounts that combine both. Those grab the scope at the top and the Tikka rails at the bottom. As if you didn't have enough choices to make!

Oh, and just to confuse the situation further, Sako also makes some clamp mounts. So you've now got four options - two from each!
Old 01-23-2004, 08:43 PM

Thanks Calnewbie for all that info, Ill throw a post out on the gun forum and see what I come up with Id also like to see what others have done
Cheers!!
Old 01-23-2004, 09:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Norco-Wholesale sports does list the leupold bases for tikka rifles.They use the same manufacturer# that I posted.Whatever you decide do not use the millet rings that mount directly onto the dovetails without a separate base.They are very flimsy and not very dependable.For the record I have never had to shim bases and lapping is usually not necessary.If you must shim or lap there is usually a problem with the mounts or rifle.
Old 01-24-2004, 05:53 PM

I did find the bases in the wholesale catalogue and will get them and the rings.
I went to the local gun shop and the guy at the sales desk to me to get those millet style as they are supposed to be good?? But I didn't feel quite right as they were last of his mounts for the tikka and had no Leupold or opti-lock left. Think he was trying to sell just for the sake of selling. Does the Tikka whitetail hunter have the same type of integral rail as the T3.
Cheers!!
Old 01-24-2004, 06:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

All the information that I can find shows the actions to be the same.Try this link to compare them yourself.

http://www.ozarkguns.com/rifles/tikka/tikkaoverview.htm