Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Need help with a older german scope

Old 01-14-2004, 02:36 PM
CD
Spike

Default Need help with a older german scope

I picked up a pre-64 winchester with a scope and would like to find out about the scope. The make is HENSOLT WETZLAR.
On the eye side it says Ziel-Dialyt 5x
Old 01-14-2004, 02:40 PM
CD
Spike

Default RE: Need help with a older german scope

I was told it might be the company that was before Ziess. I think it was made in 1937. Thanks for any help
Old 01-17-2004, 05:47 AM

Default RE: Need help with a older german scope

CD,
Hensoldt was among the first European scope to show up in the US, along with Zeiss. Hensoldt is a very company which is now a subsidary of Zeiss. Zeiss binocular and riflescope production largely from Hensoldt ag in Wetzlar. I think you will find that this scope was imported somewhere around 1953. Hensoldt was last cataloged in the US in 1968. I have had some dealings with a 8x that was valued at $200-$300